Chapter 13

As soon as Sneha had opened the door of the car, Priya came towards her quickly and gave her shelter under the heavy downpour.

"Why didn't you give the umbrella to him?" Sneha whispered in a strict tone to her.

"Why should I?" Priya answered in the same tone.

Sneha could only glare at her younger sister.

Sneha looked at Viraj apologetically as she held the bags in her hand.

"I am...sorry...for..." She said slowly, while not really knowing what to say. He was really soaked in water.

"It's alright. Go home." He said as he walked towards his side of the car.

Sneha nodded and pulled Priya along with her.

When they had entered the colony gate, Viraj entered his car to drive back to his house.

"You should have given him your umbrella, Priya!" Sneha full-on tried to knock some sense in her little sister's head.

"Why should I? He broke the cycle that I had bought for you! He is the last person who deserves my sympathy." Priya reasoned.

"He was outside because of me. I had to change my dress or papa would have killed me! The least we could have done was to not let him get wet."

"I guess, we are even then." Priya chuckled. Sneha could only roll her eyes.

.
.
.

"Get the car cleaned." Viraj asked one of his employees as he reached back home.

"Yes, sir."

As soon as he entered the main hall, he saw Gaurav sitting on the sofa, waiting for him. And, on seeing him, he remembered the order he gave him not so long ago.

"Damn it! Gaurav, ask your men immediately to not proceed with what I had asked you to do." He said instantly as he walked near him.

Gaurav smiled when he heard Viraj.

"I didn't proceed with what you had asked me to do." Gaurav replied.

Viraj narrowed his brows as he sat in front of Gaurav slowly.

"You didn't?" Viraj asked.

"Yes. I knew you were angry and I wondered why you wanted to destroy an innocent girl's home. So, I decided to talk to you about it first to know your reasons and then take extreme steps." He replied.

"I wonder if I should get angry at you for not following my orders." Viraj chuckled.

"Why did you ask me to do that?" Gaurav asked.

Viraj took a deep breath before replying.

"Things happened and I was angry at that moment. I forgot to tell you in time." He replied.

"You forgot?" Gaurav exclaimed with a raised brow.

"I was...distracted." Viraj admitted and realized that he indeed was distracted the whole time he was with her. He didn't even think about anything else.

Strange! He thought.

"I wonder what made you distracted? Is it Sneha? You were having lunch with a girl! Is she Sneha?" Gaurav asked finally when he connected the strings.

Viraj merely stared at his friend, while not having the courage to admit that a woman distracted his attention.

"Oh my God!" Gaurav laughed at his expression.