Chapter 39

"Why...How...What are you going to tell your father?" Gaurav asked as it was the first thing that struck his mind. Sneha could be manipulated for a moment...but not his father!

Viraj's face stiffened. 

He had not thought of it when he kissed her and internally swore to make her his wife. He knew his father would not agree to this...not without a condition, at least.

"I'll talk to him." He answered and tried to walk in the direction where his girl ran.

But, Gaurav stopped him by placing his hand on Viraj's shoulder.

"Give her some time, Viraj. You forced yourself on her. She will misjudge you if you will go near her unprepared, especially right now. Let her anger subside a little." He warned, knowing the temper of Sneha.

"What is wrong with her?" Viraj sighed in frustration and ran his fingers through his hair in irritation. Here, he wanted to talk to her and spend some quality time together. But seemed like he'll have to wait longer.

Gaurav rolled his eyes. He knew Viraj was wrong but he also knew that he was highly inexperienced and had no idea what was wrong or right when it came to relationships between man and woman. He'll have to teach him as a kid.

"There is nothing wrong with her, Viraj. It is a normal reaction of a girl who got kissed by a stranger." Gaurav explained calmly.

Viraj glared at Gaurav.

"I am not a stranger to her. She is going to be my wife. So, she must get used to my affection." He said as if it was a universal fact.

Gaurav raised his brows momentarily.

"Uhh...Well, she doesn't know this, you know!" He added cautiously, seeing Viraj's rising anger.

Viraj thought over this. And, damn Gaurav, because he was right!

Viraj sighed. He realized that he never gave her any visible hints about his feelings for her. On the contrary, he only told her firmly that he didn't like her romantically.

"You are right. I should let her know about this." Viraj stated.

"More like...you should ask her!" Gaurav corrected him.

"Why should I ask her? She is lucky that I want her! She'd be screaming 'yes' when I'll tell her that I want to wed her." He said arrogantly.

Gaurav wanted to scoff at him.

"Still, you should ask her, and that too in a proper manner." Gaurav insisted.

"Proper manner?" Viraj asked in confusion.

"You want to marry her, right? So, you should take a proper marriage proposal to her house and ask her hand from her parents. You know how these things work!" Gaurav explained.

Viraj fell into thinking again. It was against his ethics to ask for something. He just got it as soon as he desired. But, apparently, societal norms were a hindrance, after all. And, he knew the rules as he also had a sister who was of age.

He understood that he will have to meet Sneha's parents along with his parents to ask for her hand in marriage. It was the custom in his region. The man had to ask for the hand of the woman.

"I'll talk to my father today. I believe, this Sunday would be good for all of us. Her father would be home too." Viraj decided.

Gaurav immediately calculated.

"Yes, it seems nice to me. This Sunday is also Valentine's day. It will appear romantic too and Sneha might like it as well. And since today is Thursday, we have about three days to plan things properly and also convince your father."