Chapter 15

"So, Sneha, what is your department doing for the charity?" Ananya asked to break the silence in the car.

"We haven't actually received any notification, yet." Sneha answered while looking to her left.

"Where to?" Viraj asked as he entered the traffic.

"We can go to the market near the central marine drive." Sneha answered when Ananya gave her the questioning look.

He only nodded as he took the required turn.

"My department is going with the same theme as last year." Ananya said with a sigh.

"Yeah, I saw the notification. But, it's a good thing, right? It will be fun to go to houses to collect for charity." She said to boost her morale.

Ananya only sighed further.

"Bhai won't let me. He'd just give me the total sum and ruin the fun out of it." She said while glaring at her brother.

Sneha looked at Viraj for a second who seemed unfazed by his sister's remark.

"Why do you need his permission?" Sneha whispered so that he won't hear her.

"I need his permission for everything." Ananya answered in the same tone.

Strange! Sneha thought.

After twenty minutes of drive and their futile conversation which obviously excluded Viraj, they reached the market entrance.

"Uhh...I don't think you can drive in the streets of the market. You'll have to park outside...in front of some shop or something. It will be crowded in there." Sneha suggested when she saw Viraj trying to drive in the street.

"You want us to walk in the streets?" He asked as he gave her a look through the inner rear-view mirror.

She became confused again and tried to give him a reasonable response.

"Umm...Yes?" She answered slowly.

He thought for a while before sighing. Taking a sharp right, he spotted the perfect spot to park his car.

When they all came out, Sneha expected Viraj to go and talk to the shop owner to ask him to keep an eye on the car. When he didn't, she reminded him. It would be wrong if his car gets stolen because she chose the market for shopping.

"Viraj?" She called for his attention when he began walking in the direction of the first street. He turned around to look at her.

"Hmm?"

"Shouldn't you go and ask the shopkeeper to keep an eye on your car?" She reminded him and he gave her a quizzical look.

"Why should I?" He asked. Ananya looked at Sneha curiously too.

"...for safety reasons." She explained.

"I am very well capable of taking care of the things that belong to me." He stated.

She only raised her brows in surprise.

Very well, arrogant prince! Why would I care if your car gets stolen? She thought.

"Oh, okay!" She mumbled as she started walking with Ananya. But before she could take a few steps ahead, she stopped. The insecurity crept into her mind and she couldn't help but feel anxious.

"Ananya, I'll just go and ask the shopkeeper myself, okay?" She whispered near her so that he wouldn't hear.

"But, bhai said..." She was about to complain but Sneha had already sprinted off.