Chapter 54

Sneha would have drowned in embarrassment if he kissed her lips right in front of her parents and sister. In a way, she was traditional in her thinking in these terms. According to her, love should always be expressed inside while respect should be given outside.

However, he surprised her by kissing her head, on her tiara, instead of her lips. She opened her eyes and their eyes met briefly.

His cousins shouted 'AWE' as they found the exchange between the couple sweet and romantic.

"I kept my promise." He whispered to her and then hugged her lightly.

She only nodded.

.

.

.

As soon as they stepped down from the slightly raised platform, they were immediately greeted by Viraj's cousins and friends. And they were just too many that Sneha lost count of how many people she just met. Viraj patiently introduced all his friends to her and vice-versa. They all happily greeted her and congratulated both of them.

She just faked a smile to everyone.

"Hey, Viraj! Hi, Sneha!" Sneha looked to her right to see a very handsome Gaurav with his ever-beautiful girlfriend, Natasha by his side. They both were smiling at them.

"Hey!" Sneha greeted back and Viraj nodded in acknowledgement.

"Congratulations, guys! You both are looking just amazing together." Gaurav added.

Sneha smiled and Viraj couldn't be more proud.

"Congratulations, Viraj...on getting engaged again." Natasha didn't miss the chance to irritate him.

Sneha looked at her in surprise while Viraj glared at her.

"I don't remember sending the invitation card to you." Viraj retorted in a cold tone.

Gaurav sighed on hearing their bickerings again.

Sneha's eyes narrowed for a second on hearing the remark that she found quite insulting. Though for them, it was a normal thing. She heard Natasha's chuckle before their eyes met.

"What makes you think I came here for you? I am from Sneha's side." Natasha quickly replied, as if prepared for it.

"Right, Sneha?" She asked her to which she had no option but to nod.

Viraj scoffed lightly. His own girl was standing against him in this verbal battle.

"Well, I am the host of this function and I am paying for everything...So, I decide who attends this party and who is an outsider." He still said to which, Sneha instantly looked at him.

"That is the least you could do for Sneha and her family. You are taking their daughter away from them, after all. They are paying more than you are." Natasha said.

Sneha's brows shot up at the comeback.

Before Viraj could comment again, Gaurav interrupted.

"Alright, guys, enough! Before you both take out your hidden swords, I think we should have some starters." Gaurav piped in by holding Natasha's hand.

Natasha gave a fake sweet smile to Viraj, knowing very well that it would piss him off.

"See you around, Sneha. You look breathtakingly sexy in this dress. Though the man beside you is totally an assho..." Before Natasha could curse him to rile him further, Gaurav literally pulled her away from the site.

"I hate this woman." Sneha heard Viraj mumble under his breath. However, she thought otherwise. Although picking fights unnecessarily wasn't her strength, she did like Natasha's quick comebacks...something she lacked at.