Chapter 56

"Now, before you fall into my charms, I'd like you to change into some comfortable clothes. That wardrobe is newly installed just for you. Wear whatever you like." He said and pointed in the direction of the bathroom.

"Ananya did this too?" She asked as she walked in the direction of the said wardrobe.

"No, my PA did. Ananya informed her about your preferences and size." He said and walked towards his side of the wardrobe to change into comfortable clothes.

She wondered who this woman was. After a pause, she finally asked him as she picked a maroon top and blue trousers.

"She didn't come to the function?"

"Who?"

"Your PA."

"Why would she come? She is not family." He answered casually.

"But, she is your friend."

Viraj couldn't stop the chuckle from escaping his mouth.

"What makes you think she is my friend. She is my employee, that's it." He stated.

Sneha's brows narrowed on his reply.

'Shut up, Sneha. No need to talk to this arrogant king.' She told herself.

She changed in the bathroom and got fresh while Viraj changed in the room.

When they both were out, Viraj grasped her wrist again and guided her toward the balcony.

"I have a surprise for you." He said and pulled her along.

Sneha followed him like a calf and stepped outside the glass doors.

She took a sharp breath when she analysed the surrounding. The balcony was huge...almost half of her entire house. At the centre of the balcony, there lay a beautifully decorated tent-type arrangement, enlightened by fairy lights. A dozen aromatic candles burned, releasing a beautiful fragrance in the air. By now, it was already dark and calm. At the height that they were, there was practically no noise from vehicles whatsoever.

It was a perfect spot for a romantic date night with your lover, she concluded.

"Did you like it?" She heard him whisper from behind her and directly near her right ear, startling her.

"What is this for?" She asked in a straight tone, not wanting to tell him that she liked it. The light breeze played with her hair and he totally loved how they swayed to and fro.

"Our first date as fiance and fiancee." He said and then grasped her wrist again to pull her towards the illuminated tent.

As she approached the spot, she noticed a basket and a metal box placed at the centre of the mattress. The basket had a wine bottle and two wine glasses. She had no idea about the content of the metal box, though.

Viraj removed his slippers and stepped on the mattress to sit in a comfortable position. He then patted the spot near him.

"Sit." He gestured.

She wanted to remind him about how late it already had been and that she had college tomorrow, but she also knew he won't listen...or understand. He was just concerned about his wishes.

So, she removed her slippers and got on the mattress to sit beside him. Viraj literally pulled her by the waist such that their legs grazed each other and shoulders touched intimately.

"I thought over your question." He started while ignoring her racing heartbeat. He was after all sitting so close to her. She dared not turn her head in his direction or they'd literally kiss!