Chapter 75

After cleaning the dishes, more like, Sneha cleaned the dishes while Viraj just placed the utensils back in their place on her insistence, they moved to his study.

Sneha quickly dashed towards the dartboard where she had last seen it.

"Why are you so excited?" He asked unable to understand the reason for her enthusiasm, even though it made him happy to see her like that.

"You know, I had a similar dartboard at my house too. But, I don't know how but one by one the darts broke and we had to throw them until no darts left. So, last Diwali, my mother threw the dartboard as well. Priya and I used to play it a lot, especially when we had to divide the housework. It was like our tossing coin."

"Why didn't you buy a new one?"

She shrugged.

"I don't know." She said with a chuckle.

Viraj detached the darts from the dartboard and passed all the red ones to her while he took the black ones.

"Okay, let's make the rules clear because the last time we played a game, you cheated and then tried to defend yourself by making me feel guilty about it." He said while referring to the staring contest where she winked at him to win the game. Only, he managed to prove her wrong and win the game.

"I did not cheat!" She glared at him.

"Whatever makes you feel happy." He chuckled. "So, the rules are..." He continued but she interrupted.

"No! I'll make the rules." She said, forgetting momentarily that Viraj disliked it when his authority is challenged.

"Alright." He urged her to continue.

"So...we have five darts each. We will play alternatively. And, after every throw, we will move one step back. There will be three sets. The final winner will be based on overall performance. Okay?" She asked.

Viraj could only smile at her childish behaviour. Who knew that this mature-looking girl was such a kid at heart? And, why the hell did he like it as well?

"Okay." He said.

"I'll start first." She said and pulled him by his sleeve to their first position.

Her first strike hit the penultimate circle, awarding her 40 points.

"Not bad, Sneha!" Viraj praised her since he actually believed that she will hit outside the board.

"I told you...I am a pro. Now, your turn." She chirruped as she ran over and detached her dart.

Viraj hit the dartboard with ease before she could reach her original spot. She turned around to look at his performance.

Seeing his profession, she shouldn't have been surprised to see that he had successfully aimed the bullseye. She looked at the board with raised brows and then looked at him.

"Are you cheating?" She couldn't help but ask.

Viraj only snickered.

"Come. Your turn. Let's quickly finish this game since I already know what I want to ask from you."

With refilled confidence, she aimed the target from the new spot as decided earlier.

And, every single time, she lost the challenge.

.

.

.

"Alright, wife! Do you accept your defeat?" Viraj said even before he threw the last dart.