Chapter 28

Viraj paced the entire length of his room in frustration. He didn't understand why he felt so restless.

'I did the right thing... She had to be taught a lesson. She can't just ignore me...for anyone.' He told himself.

But, still, the restlessness didn't go.

Her tears bothered him...more than he had expected. Her slightly shaky lips and her blinking eyes replayed in his mind. He knew she was trying to hold back her tears as he insulted her pine cone. He hated it more than her ignorance. And the fact that she didn't argue with him for throwing the pine cone, infuriated him further. She should have told him something. What is wrong with him?

"She could have apologized! She should have said sorry for ignoring me. I would have accepted that cheap pine cone gladly then. But, no! She had to give her excuses, instead of apologizing!" He talked to himself as he paced around in irritation.

Her watery eyes flashed in front of him again. And he wanted to throw something really hard.

He was angry beyond words... again. But, at whom now?

During supper too, Ananya raised the issue. But he dismissed her easily. And, seeing his high temper, she too remained quiet.

However, as he retired to bed early, he couldn't sleep. Her sad and confused face kept on haunting him. She was messing with his peace of mind.

So, finally, he decided to see her. He had no idea what he was going to say to her, but he needed to see her. And, it didn't matter to him as to what time it was. He wore his casual clothes quickly and fetched the car keys from the table. Keeping the gun on the waistline, he exited his room.

"I'll drive." He told the driver when he ran towards him.

.
.
.

Viraj contemplated if he should enter her home or should he call her outside instead. He decided to go with the latter option. So, he took out his phone and called her mobile number.

The ring went till the end but she didn't answer. He tried again. Still no response. The lights in the rooms were on, so, he knew they weren't asleep yet.

Thus, he called her again. Patiently, he called her five times. But at the sixth call, his patience was gone. Her phone was switched off and he knew she did it deliberately.

'Are you ******* kidding me?' He cursed internally at the revelation while looking at his phone.

He needed to see her...now. All rationality went out of the window.

So, he came out of his car and walked in the direction of her house. He rang the bell twice and hoped it would be her who'd open the door. He didn't want to go through the parents' drama.

Unfortunately for him, it was her father who opened the door.

"Mr Khatri?" Shankar questioned in a confused tone.

Sneha's brows automatically narrowed as she saw him. Her frown deepened when she noticed him looking at her.

"Mr Bohra, I need to talk to your daughter for a while." He asked in a straight tone while giving her a glance.

Sneha looked at her father and internally prayed that her father would take her side. Of course, he would.

"About what?" Shankar asked Viraj, still not inviting him in, as he did last time.

"Confidential, Mr Bohra." Viraj added, a little irritated that he had to ask for his permission for talking to Sneha. But then again, Shankar was her father...while he was her...nothing.