Chapter 36

{Hey all! Happy Choti Holi! My best wishes to all of you...

So, I wanted to share some news with you all. I finally won the plagiarism case. As I told you before, someone had plagiarized my book 'Guns and a Rose'. The plagiarized book is renamed as 'Chosen by an Alpha'. I had to invest a lot of my time in trying to give proof and all the other formalities. But the good thing is that I justified my point and the plagiarized book is taken down successfully. Thank you all, especially one of my readers who took the time to inform me about the same. I wouldn't have ever known about it otherwise.

So, if any of you find my book plagiarized (or anyone's book), please please please inform me (or the respective author). I'll try to protect my rights since all of my books are copyrighted. Kindly support the original authors so that we all bring our content to you without any fear. Thank you so much!!!!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

-Purnima)

.

.

.

With confidence, Sneha hit Viraj's arm that was holding her hand, using her free hand. Adrenaline rushed into her bloodstream making her feel hot and active.

Not expecting this from her, Viraj left her arm and stared at his hand where he got hit. It didn't hurt, even a bit. What did got hurt was his ego. A woman had raised her hand on him! It was a direct insult and a challenge to his authority. He can tolerate anything but not an insult!

Looking up from his hand, he glared at her. He didn't need to word his anger. His eyes were enough.

And, Sneha would be lying if she didn't get scared at the sight. Angry Viraj is a dangerous sight.

"You c.can't force me, Viraj. This is not right. I can go home by myself." She stuttered and took small steps backwards. His angry eyes followed her.

As soon as she turned around, he held her arm again. In action mode, Sneha tried to punch his hand but, he was prepared for it this time. He knocked her attacking hand away with ease. Sneha stumbled backwards in surprise. His blow was rather harsh on her hand and a low thumping pain coursed through. She looked at him with wide eyes.

Had the war been declared? She wondered.

"I don't want to fight you, Viraj." She said. Her voice came a little shaky. She wasn't stupid to look forward to fighting a mafia boss! She knew that she'd lose it.

"Then get in the car." He stated with finality.

"No." She answered sternly too.

"Fine, then." He tried to hold her arm again when she made a move to hit it. He dodged it successfully. Her next move was aimed at his chest which he dodged again. Then, she tried to strike his right side, but he easily blocked the blow with his hand. Her next move to hit his leg also went in vain. And with every unsuccessful attempt, he came a step closer to her while she moved a step closer toward the car.

Tired of her futile attempts in trying to hit him, he shifted to the attacking mode from the defensive mode. With one sharp movement of his hand, he had knocked her hand away. He pushed her roughly such that her back hit the car's side door.

Everything happened so fast that when she saw his closed fist approaching her face with speed, she instinctively closed her eyes in fear.

To say that Viraj was angry would be an understatement. He was furious and irritated by her childish behaviour. And, he was ready to teach her a lesson right now. But as he saw her scared face with eyes shut tight, all his anger just sublimed into thin air.