Chapter 37

Sneha and Jyoti waited patiently for the Class Representative of the Geography department to call their name and take the parent's consent form. The entire social science institute along with ten teachers was assembled on the main ground of the college. Ten buses were lined up to take them to Goa.

"Look there...Tina, Ananya and Shruti have arrived." Jyoti said and Sneha looked in the direction where she pointed. The three girls joined the students of the History department where they gave their consent forms.

"Are they going to settle down in Goa?" Sneha joked as she scanned the large size of their luggage and fancy handbags.

Jyoti chuckled.

Soon they submitted their consent forms too and the Sports teacher asked them to enter the bus.

"Window seat...Window seat..." Jyoti mumbled as they entered but unfortunately, all the window seats were already taken.

With a sigh, they both sat at the three-seater and interacted with their classmates. Sneha was about to keep their luggage under the seat when she heard Ananya's loud voice, calling her.

"Sneha! Jyoti!" Ananya called for their attention.

"Hi!" They both said in unison while looking down at Ananya from the window.

"Hi! Come with us..." Ananya asked while pointing towards the third bus in the lane. Tina and Shruti were looking at them from the spot with a big smile.

Sneha looked at the bus and then at Jyoti.

"Shouldn't we be travelling with our classmates according to the departments?" Sneha asked since they both had suddenly felt comfortable on their non-window seats.

"I asked my professor. He said it is fine if we mix up a little. Come on! We have planned so much to do together. It will be fun! It is a 12 hours ride after all!" Ananya said excitedly to which Sneha felt uneasy. It wasn't like she felt uneasy with Ananya, but she also had her own set of classmates with whom she wanted to bond with.

Looking at Sneha's reluctance, Ananya pouted.

"Come on, Sneha...Jyoti! Come, please?" She requested. They couldn't deny it anymore.

"Uh...Okay, sure!" Sneha said after Jyoti nodded silently.

They both took their luggage again and walked in the direction of the bus of the History department. Luckily, this time, they got the window seat which Sneha and Jyoti decided to share 50-50.

.

.

.

Sneha was sleeping on Jyoti's shoulder by the time they reached the hotel in Goa. They had begun the journey with a thousand-watt power. But, by the time they crossed Maharashtra and entered Goa, their energy level decreased exponentially and almost everyone slept on the bus.

They began the journey by playing the game of Antakshari. Meanwhile, Sneha had quickly prayed mentally to God for a safe journey. Within an hour, they got bored of Anktakshari and decided to sing and dance randomly. Sneha enjoyed the entire journey with enthusiasm. She met new students, talked with them and got to know a little more about others, especially about the scope of History. Then, they stopped for a quick refreshment and to use washrooms as needed.

While having the refreshments, the girls had a little conversation that caught Sneha's interest.

"Ananya, how did your father give you the consent to go to Goa this time? Last time he didn't even allow you to go to Juhu beach. And, now he allowed you to go out of the State!" Tina had asked casually.