Chapter 45

"I...I am sorry...I thought..." She didn't know what to say.

"I understand that everything is new to you. But, it is new to me too. That is why, we must spend time and converse to get to know each other better. We will be spending our lives together, after all!" He stated as if teaching a toddler.

Sneha looked at him in surprise at first. Was he preaching here?

"Uhh... Okay. The...the food is very nice." She nodded and then looked back to her plate, not knowing what to say further. It was so awkward for her. She had never thought of getting to know him, ever!

Viraj sighed when she resumed being quiet again.

'Give her some time, Viraj. She is new to all this. She doesn't know about your expectations.' He remembered Gaurav's advice. But, it was so damn difficult. He wanted her to talk to him. He wanted to answer her questions. He wanted to hear her voice, But, all he got was painful silence and a 'scared' face from her side.

Sneha soon laid the spoon on the plate gently to declare that she was full.

"Done?" He asked while glancing at her clean plate.

"Yes." She said softly and then wiped her lips with the tissue.

Viraj nodded and then wiped his lips as well.

"Come." He said and they both stood up to exit the room.

However, she became confused when she noticed him walking upstairs instead of going downstairs to the exit door.

"Uhh...Where are we going?" She finally decided to ask.

Viraj turned around to look at her.

"Let's take a small break before we leave. I am too tired to drive now." He explained and then forwarded his hand so that she'd take it.

Sneha placed her hand over his hesitantly. It was already getting late, she knew. And the more delay they do, the later her father would be released.

Viraj took her to the next floor where the door guards opened the double doors for them.

Sneha had to focus more as she noticed the interior was dark. As he pulled her inside, she realized where they were.

It was a cinema hall! And not a typical cinema hall, but a highly advanced one with beds for the audience.

"How long will we be here?" She asked as he guided her towards their designated seat/bed.

Viraj pressed her hand gently to reassure her.

"An hour or so. Don't worry. I'll drop you at your home safely." He assured her.

Viraj took off his shoes and sat on the bed. Seeing him, she copied him as well and sat on the other corner of the bed.

"Come here." He said gently as he noticed her maintaining the huge distance.

Very awkwardly, she pushed herself towards him.

"Closer." He mumbled.

Gulping any snarky reply from coming out of her mouth, she pushed herself towards him again. There was only an inch gap between them. So, he closed that distance too and wrapped his arm over her shoulder.

Sneha stiffened at the close proximity. It was her first time being so touchy with a man...and that too a man like Viraj. She felt awkward and uneasy.

"It's a short film." He said and then pressed a button near the table. Soon a young girl brought two glasses of red wine for them as Sneha looked at the widescreen featuring a movie she had never seen.