Chapter 79

It felt like years had passed before Sneha recognized the premises of Viraj's penthouse. She was thankful he was staying here rather than at his father's house.

As the car stopped in front of the reception, the guard in the co-driver seat quickly opened the car door for her. She stepped on the cold smooth floor as a few eyes darted in her direction. She walked in the direction of the reception when she saw a familiar face...the face that she was dying to see.

"Sneha!" Viraj hastened towards her from the short staircase as he saw the condition she was in.

"What happened?" He asked gently in concern as he stood in front of her, holding her arms while looking at her properly...searching for any sign of a wound.

Now that he really was in front of her, Sneha couldn't speak. How could she tell him that her parents were forcing her to meet some random man and probably would succeed in marrying her to him by emotionally blackmailing her? She could never go against her parents.

So, tiredly, she stepped forward and gently placed her head on his chest.

Viraj let her enter his personal space. She looked emotionally exhausted...a place where he had been several times.

"Viraj." She only mumbled his name, controlling herself from crying in front of him. But her tone was sufficient to let him know all about it.

"Shh! Let's go upstairs." He said.

She nodded and was about to take a step forward with him when she felt him lifting her from the ground. He carried her in his arms.

"People are seeing." She complained in a low voice.

"You should have thought about it before coming here barefoot." He answered and entered the building.

People stared at the strange sight as Viraj carried her casually toward the elevator.

He somehow managed to press the button in the elevator and waited patiently for the door to close.

Sneha kept her face hidden in his chest the entire time they were in the lift. Viraj did not speak and let her take a moment to relax in his embrace.

After they entered his room, he slowly made her stand by herself and gently pushed her so she would sit on the bed. Sitting beside her, he finally raised his concern.

"What happened?" He asked softly.

She looked up to meet his eyes and realized how much she missed this.

"I missed you." She confessed and threw herself on him for a hug.

He immediately embraced her in his arms and they remained like that for a good minute before he broke the silence again.

"Sneha. What happened? Tell me. I am sure you didn't come here just because you missed me. I'll take care of it...whatever it is that is stressing you out. So, don't worry and just tell me. Why did you leave your house like this? Did your father ask you to leave?"

She shook her head negatively.

"Then?" He asked.

"I...I don't think I can fulfill my promise to you." She said, finally coming out of his embrace.

"What do you mean?"

"My parents want me to meet some guy tomorrow. They expect me to say yes to him if he accepts me. I..."

"Do you want to meet him?" He asked.

"Of course, not, Viraj."

"Then don't meet him."