Chapter 20

"Hey!" Ananya came back to the seat where Sneha and Jyoti were having lunch in the canteen.

"Hi!" Both the girls acknowledged with a polite smile. Sneha noticed how both Tina and Shruti were absent today.

After talking about the day and the whereabouts, Ananya came to the discussion of the day.

"I wanted to invite you both to my birthday party which is...like... tomorrow. It will be a simple get-together kind of party. Not many people are invited since my mother will be there. Only my closest friends and a few cousins. So...would you like to come too, please?" Ananya said excitedly and her eyes shone with a rare kind of enthusiasm.

Sneha and Jyoti looked at each other and tried to read each other's eyes. Sneha had no problem going to the party because she had been regularly visiting Ananya's house. But, she wasn't sure of Jyoti. Jyoti had never been to that place and she was sure that her parents wouldn't agree on letting her visit the place inhabited by a man who is renowned as being involved in shady business...Viraj.

"Uhh...where is it going to be?" Jyoti asked Ananya.

"Bhai said it would be inconvenient to host the party in our house. So, we are holding it in Celene Resort." Ananya answered.

Both Sneha and Jyoti's brows raised in surprise. The Celene resort was one of the best party houses in Mumbai. And hosting a party there was a big thing in itself. But who was she kidding! Ananya was loaded with money. She could easily afford that...or more precisely, her brother.

"I'd love to come! But, I'll have to ask my parents first. I'll let you know by tomorrow morning?" Jyoti gave her response.

Ananya gladly smiled and looked at Sneha for her answer.

"Uhh...Me too. I'll let you know by tonight." Sneha said.

"Thanks, guys! Please convince your parents and do come. My ma is also attending the party and I am damn excited about it. I want to introduce all of you to her." Ananya added.

Sneha could understand why she was so excited about her mother attending it. It was going to be the first time for her mother to attend her birthday, as she explained yesterday. However, Jyoti remained clueless.

After lunch, Ananya went back to her department building, while Sneha and Jyoti continued towards the Geography block.

"Are you going to go?" Sneha asked, referring to Ananya's birthday party.

"I really want to go. I have never been to the Celene and I have seen its pictures. That place is heaven. But, I'll have to ask my father about it. If he says yes, and you'll go, then only I'll go. What about you?"

"Same." Sneha chuckled.

"Okay, then. Call me at 9 pm and let me know what your decision is. Because we'll need to get a gift for her too."

"Right."

"And what was she saying about her mother? Why was she so excited about her attending it? Isn't it obvious that her mother would attend her birthday party?" Jyoti asked.

Sneha thought over her question.

"I don't know." She mumbled in response. It was Ananya's personal matter and she didn't want to make or propagate any wrong rumour.

However, the curiosity did peg Sneha's mind and she wanted to know the reason why Ananya's mother didn't visit her often. The secret of Viraj's family was intriguing her more and more.

.

.

.

Sneha was a million times more excited than Ananya in taking the project live. Everything was finally set and the project looked pretty. The POP base and structures covered with resin were holding the water very well. They kept the ice cubes on top of the mountains. A conventional bulb was kept in both the boxes, very close to the ice cubes. In one of the boxes, they placed a small bowl of metal carbonate.