Chapter 51

Sneha's gaze immediately went downcast on hearing him demand such a thing. She wasn't sure whether he meant it in the literal sense or in a double-meaning way.

"Hmm?" He urged her to reply.

She wasn't okay with both the choices.

Eyes still on the pasta, she replied with a stern face.

"We are not married yet, Viraj."

"So?"

This time, she faced him.

"That means, we are not allowed to...do such things."

"We are just sleeping together, Sneha. And, there is nothing wrong with that. All my friends sleep with their girlfriends. Moreover, I am your fiance."

'Well, I am not your girlfriend.' She wanted to say. But, she had a better response than this.

"Will you let your sister sleep with her fiance before marriage?" She asked ever so innocently because she knew the question would make him go dumb.

And, it did.

His jaw stiffened as he didn't know how to respond. Obviously, he wouldn't allow his sister to sleep, or even spend the night with any man...fiance or not. He might be a hypocrite here, but he cared less about it.

"You love to bring my sister every time into our conversation, right?" He scolded her indirectly.

'It does its job!' She thought internally.

In response, she slowly stood up and discarded the now-empty box in the bin.

"I'll sleep on the sofa. You may take the bed." She announced politely, leaving no space for any argument.

Viraj only stared in her direction as she picked up a pillow and a blanket.

"So you'd rather sleep on the uncomfortable sofa than sleep with me." He asked, which came as a statement.

Sneha, who had just laid down on the sofa, looked at him.

"It's not like that. It's inappropriate, that's it." She replied back and tried to take a comfortable position.

He finally stood up and threw the box in the bin.

"There are some clothes in the closet. You can change..." He advised.

"I am fine...Thank you." She answered quickly.

"Okay." He shrugged and took his pair of clothes to change.

Coming back in comfy clothes, he gave her a look. She was asleep or trying to sleep, and he could tell that she was uncomfortable. The sofa was big enough to accommodate her, but she still took the foetus position. Her knees slightly came out of the sofa.

Sighing, he walked towards the bed. He desperately wanted to cuddle with her. He wanted to touch her soft hair and kiss her senseless. But seemed like he will have to wait...at least till they got married.

'Six months!' He sighed as he recalled his promise to her. He never knew time went so slow!

Laying on the bed, he looked at her again. She was still trying to gain a comfortable position.

'She will come back here.' He concluded since he thought she'd eventually come back to the bed due to the lack of comfort.

However, one hour passed and Sneha successfully fell asleep on the sofa.

Viraj slowly stood up and walked in her direction. In order to not wake her up, he gently placed his hands under her legs and shoulder to pick her up. In his teens, he had watched movies in which the man would easily pick the girl up in her sleep. With that thought, he held her firmly in his arms and lifted her in the air. She was too light for his strong arms, and he couldn't help but chuckle at it.