Chapter 50

Keshav immediately regained himself and stood straight while standing in the 'at ease' position. His reflex was to block the blow with another blow, but knowing that it was his Boss, he stood in a submissive manner.

"I am sorry, boss." Keshav mumbled, not knowing what he was apologizing for.

Meanwhile, Sneha watched the victim with wide concerned-fill eyes. It further infuriated Viraj.

He grabbed Keshav's collar angrily.

"I gave you one simple task, Keshav. And that is to keep an eye on my fiancee. But what did you do?" He almost shouted while creating a commotion in the silent street. At the sound of it, Sneha's parents and sister came out of the house too, along with other curious neighbours.

Sneha couldn't be more embarrassed about it.

"I successfully protected Ms Sneha." Keshav said gently, in his favour.

"By letting her meet another man, that too alone?" He scolded.

Keshav hesitated as his eyes met Sneha's. He didn't know what to say. He couldn't put Sneha in danger by revealing the truth that Sneha didn't tell him about the man. He had thought she was meeting some girl!

"I am sorry, Boss." Keshav mumbled.

Viraj took a deep breath to control himself. Letting him go harshly, he announced his decision.

"You are fired. Don't show me your face again." He said angrily.

"Boss!" Keshav exclaimed in shock.

Viraj glared at him and dared him to speak again.

"Be glad that I am not ending your life here." He said and then turned around to face a scared version of Sneha.

Walking in her direction in quick and long strides, he almost approached her. Seeing him approach her in anger, she took small steps back. She was very well aware of his temper. She might not have been on the receiving end before, but she had seen him in this mode. And it was scary.

But what confused her more was the reason for this commotion. Just because she met a man? And, if that is the case, why did he hit Keshav? It was her decision!

"Viraj..." She whispered when her father came to her rescue.

"Mr Khatri...let's..." Shankar began when Viraj threw him a glare as well.

"Stay away from this, Mr Bohra." He warned and immediately held Sneha's arm in a strong grip. She could practically feel his fingers digging in her arm as he pulled her toward his car.

"Leave my hand! Wt.what are you doing?" She asked in fear and looked behind her hoping for her parents to help her.

Her father quickly followed them while trying to calm Viraj.

"Mr Khatri, please, let's talk inside... It's very late already! Sir..."

However, Viraj completely ignored everyone in a fit of his anger and opened the door of the co-driver seat.

"What..." Sneha objected again when he pushed her rather harshly inside the car.

"Try coming out, Sneha. I dare you." He warned her when she tried to step outside. She, helplessly, looked at her father, before swallowing her anger and sitting on the seat with a sigh. She didn't want to challenge him.

"I'll be back soon, papa." She assured her father.

"I'll drop her home on Sunday night." Viraj told her father as he closed the door. Without waiting for a reply, he walked towards the driver's side.