Chapter 34

1 hour ago:

Viraj stamped his feet continuously on the ground in irritation. It was already Friday and he hadn't seen even a glimpse of that honey-coloured girl. It was as if she had vanished from the college. But, he knew she hadn't. Ananya, during her talks, informed him about her friends, and Sneha was one of them.

He was standing in front of his car in the parking lot, waiting for his sister. He had been coming here to pick up Ananya, since Monday in hopes of seeing Sneha. He wouldn't accept it, but his eyes would automatically search for her until his sister arrived.

His gaze found Sneha's friend, Jyoti. She was walking, as usual alone, towards her scooty.

'Should I ask her about Sneha? No! Why should I? How pathetic would it appear! What's wrong with you, Viraj? You don't chase girls. They chase you.' He scolded himself. His narcissist side was on the extreme high.

'But still! Where is she?' His eyes again drifted towards the campus, trying to spot her.

"I am here, bhai!" Ananya said and opened the passenger seat to get inside the car.

Viraj sighed. He wouldn't be able to wait anymore to look for Sneha, now. His sister would start shooting her doubtful questions otherwise.

Getting inside the car, he started the engine.

"This is the first time that you came to pick me up for the entire week! Don't you have any meetings scheduled in the evening these days?" She asked curiously while shopping online for the trip.

"I don't see Sneha these days." He blurted out and instantly regretted it. Where was his diplomatic skill? He should have asked the question indirectly! But, his frustration was high too...and he just couldn't play the trick card.

Ananya looked up from her phone towards her brother.

"Sneha?" She asked, wondering why he specifically asked about her only.

"I see all your friends on the campus...but not her. Is she bunking classes?" He asked curiously.

"No. She attends the last lecture on EVS with me. We then part ways since I have to meet Tina and Shruti for the history assignment." Ananya explained.

'So, she is attending college but not coming to the parking lot. Is she taking the bus? But, I gave her the cycle. Why is she not using it? She was using it until last Friday." He wondered.

He drove slowly out of the campus, expecting that damn girl to pop out of somewhere...but, she didn't. How would she? She was already halfway towards the library.

"You're not coming, bhai?" Ananya asked when she climbed out of the car at their house.

"No. I have some work left at the office. Eat without me if I get late." He told her and reversed the car to drive towards his next destination.

The library.

'It's just to know why she is hiding from me. I don't care, though. She obviously means nothing to me.' He consoled himself as he drove towards the library.

His heartbeat accelerated as he drove into the parking area of the library. He'd be seeing her after so long! Almost an entire week!

His eyes would finally sate at the sight of her.

Entering the library, he asked the receptionist about Sneha's whereabouts.

"She has just walked in that direction, sir." He got informed.