Chapter 48

Sneha looked at Viraj hopefully.

"Let's postpone the marriage to July. Till then, your exams, as well as the results, will all be done. Okay?" He proposed.

She didn't know whether to say yes or no. But, July was still better than March! So, she slightly nodded.

"You want to continue your job right? If it is so important for you then you can. But only till June. You need to take the sole responsibility of being my wife after that. Okay?" He proposed.

Even though it sounded sick and wrong, she still agreed. At least she had time till June.

"But then I want something in return too." He stated. She slightly raised her brows.

"The weekends will be mine." He said.

However, seeing her narrowed brows, he further elaborated.

"I will be busy during the weekdays and so will you too. So, let's spend the weekend together. In this way, you will get to know me better as you want to."

"But...I have karate classes on weekends." She reminded him.

"You have five bodyguards assigned to you, Sneha. You don't need self-defence now."

The revelation came as a surprise to her.

"What?" She asked and looked here and there to spot them.

"You won't see them. They are skilled at their work, so don't worry about it."

"Will they follow me everywhere? How long have they been following me?"

"They were assigned when you said yes to our marriage proposal. And, except for the private places, they will follow you everywhere."

"But, why do I need them?" She whined, hating the fact that her privacy was utterly exposed like that! How would she behave normally now when she knows that she is being followed!

"You know the nature of my business, Sneha. Even though no one would dare to harm my family, I do not take risks."

Sneha wanted to object but then she remembered a crucial thing.

"Your bodyguards couldn't protect Ananya, Viraj." She reminded him, yet gently since she knew how seriously Viraj took insults or mocking.

"That was a different scenario. It was a slip from my end and I accept the mistake. My security team has been very careful since then."

"Still, Viraj! It was my self-defence skills that came into use that day." She added.

"Fine! If the self-defence classes are important to you, then you can practice with me. I am sure I am more qualified than your teacher."

"What?" She asked since she had never hinted upon that! She just wanted some alone time! The proposal was as absurd as the idea of their marriage.

"Yes. I am compromising enough here, Sneha. I will not compromise on the weekends." He said while leaving no room for any arguments.

For a moment, she felt like they were bargaining over a commodity. In that case, she was ready too. After giving it a thought, she added her part of the bargain as well.

"How many hours during the weekends? Because I need to complete the assignments and study for the semester exams too."

"The entire weekend. I will take you somewhere for a short tour. You can complete your work on the weekdays."

"That's impossible..." She was about to complain when he interrupted her quickly.

"And...I said, no compromise on the weekends. We will spend the entire Saturday and Sunday together."