Chapter 62

{HAPPY DHANTERAS!!!

Wishing you all a prosperous day and year ahead...}

.

.

.

***Two weeks ago***

"I am here." Viraj informed his friend, Vinay on the phone when he parked his car in front of his apartment.

"Coming." Vinay replied and quickly came downstairs.

It was Friday and they were invited to their mutual friend's bachelor party. It was going to be a long ride and thus, Viraj preferred to drive, instead of his driver, in order to have some more privacy with his friends.

Viraj unlocked the car's door when he saw Vinay standing at the co-driver's door.

Vinay opened the door and quickly stepped inside to sit beside Viraj. Before he could share pleasantries, he was surprised by the interior of the car.

"Were you listening to this song?" Vinay asked in shock as the car's radio played a string of romantic songs at low volume.

Viraj looked at him in confusion before replying.

"Yeah, why?"

"You don't like these songs." He affirmed. He knew that Viraj absolutely dislikes romantic cheesy songs.

"I don't. But, these songs, sort of, remind me of my fiancee. So, I didn't change the channel." He explained as he started driving.

Vinay chuckled at his friend's teenage behaviour.

"And what is this flower doing in your pocket?" Vinay further asked as his gaze moved to his shirt's pocket.

Viraj looked at the flower he was pointing at and immediately, a smile grazed his lips at the recent memory. He had gone to Sneha's college to meet her briefly and inform her about his schedule for the night. And, as usual, she offered him the first flower that she saw, in her unique manner.

"Sneha gave me this flower." Viraj said and his smile easily reached his eyes. Vinay could easily see it.

"Sneha gives you flowers?" Vinay asked in surprise and a little curiosity.

"Hmm." Viraj chuckled. "My fiancee has a strange way of expressing her affection for me. She won't kiss me back but she would always make sure to put a flower in my pocket. Once I wore a shirt without pockets, and I could clearly see the confusion in her eyes as she tried to search for a place to keep it. Finally, she placed it in my pants pocket. From then on, I make sure to wear a shirt that has a pocket." He elaborated.

"You like talking about her, right?" Vinay playfully asked as he observed how he unnecessarily elaborated on the scene even when he didn't ask for it.

Viraj looked at him briefly and smiled.

"Obviously! She is the best thing that has happened to me."

"I am so happy for you, bro! Finally, you found your love." Vinay said and slapped his shoulder in a friendly manner.

The sentence transpired from Viraj's mind, except for one word.