Chapter 76

HEY EVERYONE!

I am back..finally!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for waiting so patiently!

I know you won't read this now, but please do read the footnote at the end.

.

.

.

December 5:

"So, what lie did you tell your family today?" Viraj asked as he drove towards the beach where he had set up today's date.

Sneha sighed.

"I didn't need to lie today. They all have gone to bua's house. They asked me too but I denied it." She replied.

"Why? You should have gone with them." He said sarcastically and Sneha was no fool to not understand the reason behind his irritation.

"Viraj! Don't be like this, now. I tried telling papa about us but I don't know why but every time that I try, I get scared and then..."

"I am tired of meeting like this, Sneha! It is as if we are committing some crime! Even though you are my wife, I can't even pick you up from your father's house. In fact, I have to pick you up from your locality's park just so your father won't see us. Does that even make any sense? I feel like you are ashamed of me and that is why you aren't telling him or anyone about us." He said in frustration.

"Viraj, don't say that!" She pleaded while looking at him with scrunched brows.

"Why not? It's almost two weeks now. And every time we meet, you postpone telling your father about us. You won't even let me talk to him. What am I supposed to do? Moreover, it's almost the end of the year now. I was hoping to be together in the next year! But, it seems impossible now, seeing your efforts to be with me."

Sneha sighed.

"Alright, I'll tell him everything on my birthday."

"Oh wow! Jan 10 is so very near, right!" He said sarcastically again.

"At least listen to me! On our birthdays, Priya and I ask for something from our parents and they have never failed to give us whatever we have asked for. So, this birthday,  I'll ask him to accept our relationship."

Viraj sighed and ran his fingers through his hair while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Fine! I am trusting you, again. Although I know you're gonna fool me again."

"Viraj!" She whined and held his arm gently to assert that his words hurt her.

"You know I don't like you angry." She added when he remained firm-faced.

He gave her a side look and then tried to relax.

"I am not angry. I...just... Alright, let's change the topic." He murmured.

Sneha quickly tried to divert his mind from the sore topic.

"So, where are we going today?"

"To play golf."

It piqued her interest instantly.

"Golf? But, I don't know how to play golf!"

"There is always a first time, Sneha."

"Well, okay." She smiled.

"It's actually kind of a get-together."

"Your father won't be there, right?"