Chapter 77

(Dear readers,

Happy Women's Day and a divine Mahashivratri!!!

With the combination of these two amazing festivities and the sparkle of my readers' encouragement, I couldn't stop myself from updating one chapter. ALSO, today's Friday and many of you already know that I update on Fridays.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Please do vote and comment!!!)

.

.

.

Sneha's father looked at Viraj briefly before looking at his daughter. Where the man was clearly meeting his gaze, the girl was looking everywhere but at him. She had never been as ashamed as she was right now.

A million possible scenarios floated through Shankar's mind. But, none told him that his daughter indeed was having an affair with this criminal.

"Sneha, what is going on here?" Shankar directly asked while standing in front of her.

Sneha couldn't meet her father's eyes. She was guilty!

"Papa..." She breathed heavily and Viraj could see her messed-up state.

"Papa, I was going to tell you...about us." She finally blurted out.

Her father's brows scrunched in disbelief.

There was a sickening silence. Viraj decided to break it finally.

"Papa..." He started, but Shankar instantly raised his hand to make him go quiet. He could only raise his brows in surprise on seeing his audacity to silence him.

Shankar, although looked at his daughter only...demanding an explanation.

"What?" Shankar asked.

"Papa...We...Actually, I was going to tell you that...we..."

"What, Sneha?" Her father raised his voice since she was taking forever.

Sneha panicked again and told the truth quickly.

"Papa, we like each other."

And, as soon as the words came out of her mouth, the expected happened.

Shankar slapped Sneha and the sound almost echoed in the silent street.

"Papa!" Viraj shouted in anger as he pulled and held Sneha protectively behind him.

Sneha's eyes blurred with tears.

"I am not your father!" Shankar replied to him in the same tone. He too was frustrated!

Viraj's jaw tightened.

"Fine! But, she is still my wife. And, I won't let anyone hurt her." Viraj said sternly.

"Wife? Mr. Khatri, if I recall correctly, then you sent the divorce papers. You both are not married anymore." Shankar said in a challenging tone.

"I never signed the papers." Viraj clarified.

Shankar was shocked. He looked at Sneha, wondering if she knew it as well. But, she was just holding her cheek with her head lowered. She looked unfazed by his words.

What kind of joke was going on here, Shankar wondered.

"You are lying. Sneha, did you know about this?" He asked his daughter.

"Papa..." She mumbled which clearly signaled that she indeed was aware of it.

"Great! How can I blame someone else's son when my own daughter is playing with my trust!"