Chapter 73

Sneha was the one who woke up first. She looked in the direction of the digital clock that read 6:23 a.m. She decided to reach the hospital by 8 a.m. so that she can proceed with the formalities of discharge.

A yawn escaped her mouth and she looked in the direction of Viraj who was still peacefully sleeping with his mouth slightly parted. He was sleeping in his favourite position, as she recalled...flat on his chest.

Without disturbing him, she came out of bed and directly walked in the direction of the washroom. She did her routine, washed her face and brushed her teeth using one of the new toothbrushes from the cabinet.

Soon, she came out only to find that Viraj was still sleeping.

'That is why you should have slept early instead of wasting time looking at me.' She thought sarcastically. Silently, she exited his bedroom and walked in the direction of the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Perfect!" Sneha sighed when she realized that there was nothing in the kitchen that she could actually cook for breakfast. He didn't even have fruits! Then she recalled him telling her once that he doesn't really keep stock in the kitchen.

"At least, he has coffee." She mumbled on seeing the coffee machine. It took her a moment to understand how it works. After about fifteen minutes, she was able to prepare two cups of well-brewed coffee.

She opened one of the drawers in search of cups. And, she did find it. However, along with the cups, there also lay six spoons and six forks.

"So, you lied to me that day." She chuckled realizing that he lied about not having a fork just so he can feed her himself.

Why was everything that he did in the past made her smile, instead of feeling angry over his petty childish tactics? She wondered.

Pouring the coffee into the cups, she walked back to the bedroom. She frowned on seeing him still fast asleep. Sitting beside him, she kept the cups carefully on the bed.

"Viraj..." She called for him lowly.

"Viraj..." She spoke loudly this time.

He slowly stirred and opened his eyes. As their eyes met, he smiled and pushed himself to take the seating position in a cross-legged manner, just like her.

"What a pleasant morning!" He began the day with another cheesy line, making her chuckle.

"I made coffee." She offered the cup.

"No morning kiss?"

"Viraj..." She complained but he surprised her by coming close to her and kissing her left cheek.

"You have no idea...This is like a dream come true. I had always imagined you making breakfast for the both of us and waking me up with a kiss." He smiled.

Seeing his smile, she finally let the shyness escape for a while. So, she kissed his cheek as well. Strangely, she liked the feel of his stubble.

"I should have kissed you on the lips." He teased her.

"And, I should have checked your kitchen on the day you fed me noodles." She changed the topic.

"What?" He asked while taking the coffee from her grasp.

"I saw forks in the kitchen."

"Okay?"

"That day when you offered me noodles with chopsticks, you said that you didn't have a fork in the kitchen."

"Yeah, because I didn't. I got it, I think, about a week later. I also asked my PA to get some other stuff for the kitchen, just in case you would need it. All these cups and bowls...why do you think I would keep them in my kitchen. I don't even use them."