||chapter 17||

//jewels p.o.v\\

I woke up the next day feeling unbelievably tired. But that makes no sense because I got a perfect amount of sleep last night. Maybe it was all the drama with matthew.

I got out of bed and lazily walked over to my closet. I was still slightly limping from my knee, but at least I could walk on it.

I put some scrub clothes on and put my hair up into a messy bun. I walked downstairs and grabbed a banana. "Honey you have a visitor!" My mom announced.

I peaked around the wall to see kian standing in the door way, with my mom next to the door. I never even heard the doorbell ring, what the hell?

"Uh, hi kian." I said.

"Hey jewel!" He piped up. Why is he so happy?

"What's up?" I awkwardly said, fully aware that my mum was listening to us the entire time.

"I was just wondering if you needed a ride to school!" He said cheerfully. I looked to my mom then back to kian. "Pleeeeaaaasssee?" Kian begged like a little kid.

"I mean, I guess so..." I said confused.

"Yes!" Kian said. He ran into my house, picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and ran to his car in my drive way.

"Have fun you two!" My mom yelled after us. Ugghhhh.

"Kian put me down!!" I yelled while laughing. I pounded my fists on his back. He laughed with me and it was actually really fun.

I slapped his butt since my face was already right next to it. He yelled and I kept uncontrollably laughing. "Jewel!" He said laughing.

I then felt him slap my butt. "Kian!" I yelled, slightly mocking him. But he just kept laughing and I kept laughing.

He put me down right in front of the passenger door of his car and opened the door. "My lady." He said while motioning to the seat with his arm.

"Why thank you good sir." I said curtsying before stepping in. Kian closed the door after and got in the other side of the car. "So why are you driving me to school?" I asked him while he turned on the car.

"Because I have to talk to you... Do you have your backpack?" Kian asked.

"Ehh no." I said thinking about it. "It was in my locker then matthew basically kidnapped me so I didn't bring it home, it's at school." I explained to him.

"Okay okay that's fine, it doesn't really matter." He said reassuring me.

"Why do you need to talk to me so seriously?" I asked. I was sort of concerned to how he turned from acting like my best friend ever, to talking like someone died.

"Because of matthew." He started. I nodded my head sort of saying "ohhh". "Trust me jewel. I know matthew better than anyone in this school, hell city even. And one thing I know about him is he isn't the forgive and forget type of guy. If you made him mad, which I know you did, he WILL get revenge. I just want to be there for you in case you get in trouble with him." Kian told me.

"Okay" I simply said. I didn't want to make it awkward by saying anything else, but saying nothing at all seemed to make it more awkward.

"Okay so I have a plan to keep you safe, but I need your phone." Kian told me.

"Um, matthew threw my phone out of the window..." I said awkwardly.

"Fuck!" Kian said, hitting the steering wheel with his hand. I flinched from his sudden outburst, and obviously he noticed. "Oh my god jewel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Shh it's okay." Kian told me. At the end he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into the side of his body.

I relaxed a bit, feeling the warmth of kians skin.

//nialls p.o.v\\

I need to talk to jewel today. I've tried texting her about 500 times last night and she hasn't responded yet. I think she still might be mad at me.

What am I saying? Of course she's mad at me. I broke her fucking wrist. Then accused her of seeking for attention.

Who knows, maybe brandon did rape her. But why would he do that? He had to have some motive.

Whatever it was I need to find out, and fast.

Before he gets here.

//jewels p.o.v\\

Me and kian walked into school together. Just walking side by side, nothing special. I got some weird looks, considering I went home with matthew yesterday than coming back with kian.

I just bowed my head, Ashamed of myself. Kian bent down a bit and talked to me silently. "Hey, don't worry about them. They're probably jealous of you. Keep your head up and don't let them get to you." He assured me.

I nodded, slightly smiling, knowing that i could trust kian. Even though I forgave him like 2 days ago, I think I can trust him. He's been so nice and funny lately.

We kept walking all the way to my locker and kian waited for me. "So you have the walkie talkie right?" Kian asked.

"Yep!" I answered, getting the supplies out of my locker that I needed for science.

"Good. Keep that on you at all times. If matthew sneaks up on you during the day and tries to hurt you, take out the walkie talkie and just say my name and help and stuff. Tell me where you are and I will find you okay?" He explained, keeping full eye contact the entire time.

"Yes sir!" I said happily again.

"Jewel you have to be serious about this." He said, placing his hands on my shoulders. "Now I have to go by the guys or they will think something's up. I'll see you in class."

And with that he walked away.

I got into science class not a second before the bell rang. I sat next to bethany and said hey...

Before I realized she was wearing the exact same outfit as yesterday.

••

So what do you think?! It would be amazing if you guys could come up with ship names for matthew and jewel, or kian and jewel.. Or other characters. Bc honestly I suck at making ship names... Please Comment... I love reading them!!