||chapter 28||

//jewels p.o.v\\

I started freaking out. I can't believe Brandon would take it this far. He always has to make a game out of everything. It's fucking ridiculous and if I don't play them he does something horrible to me.

I decided if he's hiding somewhere with my mum he won't be able to see me or hear me text somebody. So I decided to text Liam. I honestly trust him a lot, and he's super strong so he can help me.

J- hey Liam, can you come to my house asap, it's really important!

He responded within ten minutes.

L- sure I'll be there soon, I got your address from Niall. What's wrong?
J- Brandon's here and he has my mom because he found out a secret about me and he's threatening to kill her.

He didn't respond after that. I figured he was probably driving. My phone buzzed as I waited for Liam to come.

B- you shouldn't have texted him jewel. Every 5 minutes you don't find your mom, is another cut to her wrist. Good luck babe.

Tears started to well up in my eyes. Whatever happened it was going to be bad. I decided to sacrifice myself and safe my mum. If I was Brandon where would I be?

I immediately looked upstairs for multiple reasons. If I tried to run away he could catch me before I reached the door because of stairs. He knows my mum always waits downstairs so if she was on the first level I would find her right away. And there weren't a lot of windows upstairs.

I was wandering the halls upstairs and heard muffled screams from my mums room. I ran over there and flung open the door. I saw my mum tied up to a chair with duct tape over her mouth.

She had a bruise on her cheek and a cut on her temple. I ran over to her and immediately tried to help her. Her wrists were tied upside down, so her palms were facing upwards, and there were 3 cuts on each wrist.

I took the duct tape off of her mouth and she started stuttering about Brandon and everything. "Mum shh, it's okay, I'm here now!" I told her.

I worked on untied the ropes strapping her in, trying not to hurt her. She started sobbing harder and it reminded me of when dad died. "I'll get you cleared up mum just calm down." I assured her.

I heard the door click behind me and a tsk sound. "Look who decided to joint us mrs. Daniels." I heard Brandon say. I looked behind me and saw him with Liam.

He was holding a pair of handcuffs in his hand and holding Liam up. He guided Liam over to the bed and put him on it. He hand cuffed one of his wrists into the head bored and walked away from liam.

I looked over to Liam and saw he was coughing while holding his stomach. He had a bruised eye and a bloody nose. His knuckles were cut up and it's obvious that he daughter Brandon.

"Don't do this Brandon." I begged him. Tears were already streaming down my face. Brandon kept walking closer to me.

"Too late jewel. You knew the deal. If you told anybody I would kill your mom." He told me. He took longer strides towards me and I took really small faster ones trying to get away from him.

"You can't kill her. If I don't have her then I don't have anyone. This is murder brandon!" I screamed at him.

"And who would find out. Once I kill her you're coming with me. We'll be happy together. Just like how it was supposed to be." He told me.

My back hit the wall and before I could get out from being cornered he slammed his hands on either side of my head. I flinched a little bit but put on a hard face. "No Brandon!" I screamed.

I slapped his face as hard as I could and that was probably a mistake that I would regret. He had a hand print on his face and looked pissed off. "You bitch." He muttered.

He took the knife that he used to cut my mum before and picked it up. He went over to her and looked over at me. Tears started welling up again. "Brandon please!" I screamed.

He smirked. "Maybe you should have thought about what you did. Then this wouldn't have happened. Do you want to say anything to her before she dies?" He asked.

I ran over to him and pushed him out of the way. I knelt down to my mums level and looked her in the eye. "Mum! Mum look at me!" I said. She was slowly fading in and out already and i couldn't stand it.

"Mum please!" I begged. She snapped her eyes open and looked at me. "Mum.. I love you so much. You know that right?" I asked, tears where falling out of my eyes every second now and I couldn't control it. She nodded.

"I love you too honey." She told me smiling. She had no idea what was going to happen to her next.

"Mum. You'll finally be able to see dad again. Say hi to him for me, tell him I love him. I won't forget you ever mum." She looked at me confused. "It's okay mum. Don't be scared, you'll be in a better place soon. I can take care of myself. I love you so much!" I told her again.

I kissed her forehead and hugged her. I sniffed in the scent of her shampoo that she always let me borrow when I was younger. It smelled of strawberries and I sure would miss it.

I clung on to her while I hugged her and just cried. I cried the way I would cry when I thought a monster was under my bed. I cried the way that I cried when I fell of my bike and she was there for me. I cried the way I cried when I had a nightmare at night and she would comfort me. I cried the way I cried when I heard that dad died.

"Times up." I heard Brandon say coldly. He tugged me off of her and threw me to the ground.

"No! Please don't do this Brandon!" I started screaming my heart out. But before I knew it, he slit my mums wrists super deep.

I crawled over to her and hugged her again. I pulled back and saw she was starting to fade in and out. "Mum stay with me please! Mum you can't leave!" I screamed. Over all of my tears and sobbing i still hugged her, praying to God that some miracle was going to come and save her.

Over all the noise I was making I heard her say, "I love you, Jewel." One last time before her head tilted down and she stopped moving.

"Mum? Mum?! No, mum! Please come back! I need you mum. I love you.." I said, my tears and sobs getting the better of me. Her hands were starting to turn cold and I knew it was over. My mum was gone.

She was in a better place. She was with my dad, and all her other family members. I untied her quickly and laid her down on the floor. I got up and wet up a rag and came back.

I worked on cleaning her up and it was taking a while. "Brandon, can you please take Liam downstairs and stay with him there so I can have alone time with my mum." I asked. My voice was so delicate from my tears.

He didn't say anything, just did as I wished. I kept dabbing mums dried blood off of her wrists and her forehead. She looked so much more peaceful like this. I didn't have to see her in pain anymore. I smiled a bit knowing she is in a better place.

"You're just taking a trip for a while mum. And you're not coming back for a very long time."