||chapter 22||

//jewels p.o.v\\

I wiggled out of Matthews grasp on me and started running towards kian. "Kian! Kian are you okay?" I asked him.

He kept walking away from me so I got in front of him. I put my hands on his chest to make him stop walking. "No... Jewel, just stop." Kian said, he looked really sad.

"Kian, talk to me. I can't stand seeing you like this." I pleaded.

"Then go back to matthew." He said, pushing me away and started walking again. I stood there awestricken.

I couldn't believe it. I thought he liked me. "Looks like kian doesn't like you anymore jewel. How about I make it up to you, at my house" he said. I could hear the smirk in his voice at the end.

I don't know what happened but I had a new found strength. I pushed matthew away from me with all my force and he actually stumbled backwards. I sprinted to kian, already almost by the cafeteria doors. I kept running until I hooked my arms around his waist.

He was a little suprised and off balance but after a while he hugged back. "I'm so sorry. You know I don't like him." I said into his shirt. His chin was resting on top of my head and he was hugging me into him. "I only like you." I mumbled.

I felt kian tense up a bit when I said that. I didn't mean for him to hear it but I guess he did. I felt a teardrop land on the top of my head and looked up. I saw kian crying. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't protect you from matthew. He's too strong and I don't want you to get hurt by him, he's done this to other girls before..." He told me, catching his breath some of the time because of his crying.

"No, it's okay. Listen, I'll come to your house after school. you'll have to drive me. We can talk there and make up a plan to get matthew back okay?" I asked, wiping the tears from his face.

"Okay, but we also have to get the science project done."

//kians p.o.v\\

She bought it. That was like one of my worst acting performances yet and she bought it. If she believes that I can make her believe anything.

I wasn't completely lying about the matthew thing, he does that. But only because he helps me.

He is always the bad guy and I come in a save the girl, making her like me even more.

Oh but jewel. I'm gonna make this torture for her. She's not like other girls.

She won't get away from me like the other ones did.

//jewels p.o.v\\

"Are you ready?" I jumped when I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw kians smiling with his backpack on. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Yeah, one second." I was starting to get jumpy from the whole matthew thing. And I'm so scared of going to Niall's house after kians. Today's just going to be stressful I guess.

I felt 2 big hands place themselves on my waist. "Jewel it's going to be okay. I know about your deal with matthew and I won't let him get to you this weekend." He assured me.

I leaned my head back on his chest and sighed. "I just don't know what to do with him. Why does he want me so badly? I'm just average, everything about me is average. Nothing special. I don't have a big ass or big boobs so why does he want me?! And I know he's fucking bethany," when I admitted that to kian he sort of tensed, like he didn't know. "I've heard him tell her that, and she was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. And-"

"Okay, jewel." He turned me around and looked at me in the eye. "Don't worry about him." He cradled my face with his giant hands. "I won't let him get to you and if he does then you can be sure that I will punch his face in." He chuckled a bit.

I laughed and put my head down. "Hey, let me see that beautiful face of yours!" He cheered me on.

I looked up and smiled at him. He smiled his amazing smile back. "Let's go princess!" He shouted while picking me up.

The hallways were empty now and he ran with me in his arms bridal style. I laughed my head off as he ran me to the car.

••

"Are you ticklish?" I asked kian out of the blue.

We were on his bed sitting down working on our science project. We've been working for about an hour and a half and it was getting a little bit boring. "Maybeeeee.." He responded.

I started attacking him with tickles but he didn't seem effected. "Just kidding!" He yelled.

He tackled me to the floor and started tickling me. "Kian stop"!" I yelled breathing hard fromowo laughing too much. "Kian!!!"

"Not unless you say that I'm the best science partner ever and that you want no one else!!" He yelled over my laughs.

"YOURE THE BEST SCIENCE PARTNER IN THE WORLD AND I WANT NO ONE ELSE!" I screamed.

I stopped tickling me and I Laid there catching my breath. It was just now that I noticed Kian was straddling me. He leant down and came face to face with me.

"Jewel..." He started. "I know that the first time I saw you I was so mean to you. I regret that so much. But I really want to make it up to you so I'm just gonna say it. I like you jewel, and I know you like me too. Will you be my girlfriend?"

He looked over me with hopeful eyes. I caught him by surprise and flipped him over, so I was on top. "Yes!" I told him happily.

He flipped us back over so he was on top. He started leaning down and his lips were right in from of mine. I could feel his breath hit my face, but before we connected lips the doorbell rang.