||chapter 3||

//jewels p.o.v\\

Who is this creep? I don't even have a brother so obviously he's confused.

"I think you're mistaken, I don't have a brother." I told him, still avoiding eye contact. I felt frozen in my spot.

"You sure worked on that accent, you actually sound British." He mumbled into my neck.

"Aww why isn't little jewel talking? Is someone scared?" The guy that was leant against the lockers cooed.

Who the fuck are these people and why do they care about me.

"Talk!" The guy with his arms around me yelled in my ear. I slightly jumped from the sudden noise and someone chuckled.

"I'm sorry..." I said quietly, even I could barely hear myself.

"Sorry for what?" The guy that kept his arms around me whispered in my ear. I could just hear the amusement in his voice.

"For not talking..?" I trailed off leaving it kind of like a question.

"Wrong." His American accent whispered in my ear.
~
~
~
~
"Do you want a ride home?" Courtney asked me.

"No thank you." I told her politely, "my mum is going to be here to pick me up."

She nodded and said okay, but looked at me weird. Right before I walked away seine grabbed my upper arm. I turned around scared out of my mind, praying to God it wasn't that freak in the hallway.

"Here's my number. Text me tonight, I've only known you for a day but you seem... Off." Courtney told me. I let out a sigh of relief that it was only her.

"Will do!" I told her, trying to sound like I was completely normal.

I walked away to my mums car and hopped in. I greeted her with a kiss on the cheek and she smiled.

"Did you make any friends?" She pushed right away.

I rolled my eyes. "Cmon mum. Why not ask me how school was." I told her, completely ignoring her other question.

"Okay how was school?"

"Perfect!" I told her. Woah.. I sounded a little too happy.

"Okay... Did you make any new friends?!" She asked again.

This time she started to drive out of the parking lot. Probably so I couldn't escape her annoying questions..

"Yes actually. Courtney, Bethany, and Julianne." I told her.

She beamed with joy
And I couldn't help but smile too.

I decided to text Courtney since me and mums conversation died down. I got out the paper with her number and started texting her.

J- hey Courtney its jewel!!
C- HI JEWEL
J- wait aren't you driving? Stop texting me!!
C- lol no. Those bastards stole my car, they always do this.
J- who?
C- Kian's group...
J- still don't know them.
C- it doesn't matter it's fine
J- no it's not! Im gonna kick their sorry asses!
C- haha thanks but I doubt you could go up against 5 guys
J- you don't know me!
C- whatever you say jewel.. I gtg bye ttyl
~
~
~
~
I was doing my homework when my cheek started to hurt. I went to the bathroom and washed off the extra makeup I put on it at school.

The hand mark turned into a really big bruise.

Shit.