The Favor

4: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (LIVING ROOM) DAY CUT TO:

RACHAEL: (opens the door)

MAYTE: (smiles brightly) Hey!

RACHAEL: Mayte! (hugs her tightly) It's so good to see you.

MAYTE: It's good to see you too. I've missed you guys so much. So, can I see him?

RACHAEL: Yes! (brings her inside)

5: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (NURSERY) DAY CUT TO:

RACHAEL: (carefully picks him up) Come here sweetie, you're gonna meet your auntie Mayte! (hands him to her)

MAYTE: (takes him) Oh Rachael, he's precious! Hi baby! What did you name him?

RACHAEL: Well, I let Michael pick the name. His name is Prince Michael Jackson II. Blanket will be his nickname.

MAYTE: Oh! Well that's... Interesting!

RACHAEL: I know.

MAYTE: Hey, I'm kidding. It's cute! Oh! And... (pulls a teddy bear out of her bag) I got this for him.

RACHAEL: Awww! It's adorable! Look, he's already smiling! He loves you!

MAYTE: And I love him just as much. Did Prince come by earlier?

RACHAEL: Yeah... With Manuela.

MAYTE: (smiles sarcastically) Of course...

RACHAEL: Forget about that for now, I want you to be his godmother.

MAYTE: (looks at her in shock) You do...? Even though Prince and I aren't together anymore?

RACHAEL: Honey, that doesn't matter to me. Yes, Prince is his godfather, but he has no say in who I choose as his godmother, and I want it to be you.

MAYTE: (smiles) Thanks Rach. (hugs her tightly)

RACHAEL: You're welcome.

MAYTE: Can we go downstairs and talk for a bit?

RACHAEL: Yeah, of course. (puts Blanket back in the crib along with the teddy bear and they both go downstairs)

6: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (LIVING ROOM) DAY CUT TO:

Mayte asks Rachael for a big favor.

RACHAEL: (comes in with two cups of tea) Here, I made tea.

MAYTE: Thanks Rach. (sips it)

RACHAEL: So... How you doing sweetie?

MAYTE: Okay for the most part... He left me the house in Spain, but hardly any money.

RACHAEL: I'm sorry hun.

MAYTE: Rachael, I don't care about any of that... All I care about are Amiir's ashes.

RACHAEL: You don't have them?

MAYTE: No... The urn is somewhere in Paisley... And I was wondering if you'd talk to him for me. He can keep everything else, I just want that urn.

RACHAEL: (nods) I'm meeting with him next week to work on my next album. I'll talk to him then.

MAYTE: Thanks Rach. (hugs her tightly)

RACHAEL: You're welcome.

PARIS: (comes in with Prince and Michael) Aunt Mimi! (runs to Mayte and hugs her)

MAYTE: Hi pumpkin! (hugs her and Prince) You guys got so big! I've missed you! You guys gotta come over to my house for a sleepover one of these days!

PARIS: Yeah! Can we Mama?

RACHAEL: Not tonight, but you can tomorrow if it's okay with Mayte.

PARIS: Can we? Please! Please! Please!

MAYTE: Sure!

PARIS: Yay!

MICHAEL: And maybe while you guys are gone I can take Mommy out to dinner.

MAYTE: There you go! Well, it's getting pretty late, I'd better go. But I'll see you guys real soon, okay? (hugs them and leaves)

RACHAEL: Well, what do you say we watch a movie?

PRINCE JR.: Ooh! Can we watch ET?

RACHAEL: Yes!

7: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (MOVIE THEATER) NIGHT DISSOLVE TO:

PRINCE JR.: (watching the movie)

MICHAEL: (nudges him) Want some hot sauce on your popcorn?

PRINCE JR.: Yeah.

MICHAEL: (pours it in)

PRINCE JR.: Thanks dad. (eats it)

RACHAEL: (to herself) "The rest of the night was fun. We stayed up with the kids and watched all their favorite movies, but my mind kept circling back to what Mayte asked me. I knew Prince would probably be upset with me for talking to her, but I prayed he'd understand."

Partial credit for this chapter goes to Mayte Garcia. Next chapter will be up tomorrow. Thanks for reading!!