30th Anniversary Celebration: Part 1

(A/N: Hi! So firstly I want to apologize for the fact that this chapter is ridiculously long. You're really just gonna wanna watch the video above because that's all this is except for the first half and very end where my character performs. I'm also sorry that there's no pause or breaks in between songs, this took so long editing that I just pasted the lyrics, I didn't care lol. Once again, sorry for the length and please enjoy!!)

This chapter takes place between September 4th-7th, 2001.

94: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

One week later. September 4th, 2001.

RACHAEL: (picks up the phone and dials Mayte's number)

MAYTE: (on the phone) Hello?

RACHAEL: Hey it's Rachael.

MAYTE: (on the phone) Hey Rach, what's up?

RACHAEL: Michael is having this huge 30th anniversary special in New York this weekend and I wanted to see if you and Tommy would like to come. We're all taking a private plane there.

MAYTE: (on the phone) I would love to, but I'm actually going to Nevada with Tommy to visit his father since he's not doing well.

RACHAEL: Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Give Tommy my love.

MAYTE: (on the phone) I will, anyway, I hope you guys have fun and tell Michael congrats from Tommy and I.

RACHAEL: I will. Bye-bye. (hangs up) Ok, Mayte's a no. (crosses her name off the list) (to herself) "Michael had made a list of the star-studded performers coming to the shows. Everyone from Liz Taylor and Macaulay Culkin to Usher and Destiny's Child, along with the entire Jackson family. Michael put me in charge of inviting all of our closest friends, and I had contacted everyone. Well, almost everyone..."

95: EXT. PAISLEY PARK DAY CUT TO:

Rachael invites Prince.

RACHAEL: (knocks on the door)

PRINCE: (opens the door) Rach. Hi.

RACHAEL: Hi.

PRINCE: What can I do for you?

RACHAEL: Well, Michael has his big 30th anniversary concert in New York this weekend, and I was wondering if you and Manuela wanted to come.

PRINCE: Oh... I don't know if Manuela can make it, she has some charity thing. But I'd love to go.

RACHAEL: Ok great. Well, we're gonna be taking our jet the day before the concert so if you're coming be at Neverland on Thursday at 7 o'clock sharp.

PRINCE: Will do. I'll give you a call if I can't make it.

RACHAEL: Ok. Well, hopefully I'll see you soon.

PRINCE: Rach, wait... I think I solved your little problem with your albums. You wanna come in for a bit and see some of the stuff I've been working on?