The Come In From The Rain Tour (Part One)

(A/N: Just a heads up, this chapter and the following four chapters will be all music. The tour will be in three parts but the next chapter will be set in between them as a birthday chapter. Originally I was gonna do  everything in one huge chapter but that would have been way too long so I decided to break it up. This chapter takes place on June 1st, 2007.)

454: INT. PRIVATE JET DAY FADE IN:

One month later, June 2007. Rachael is about to start her next tour.

PRINCE: (Going over Rachael's Itinerary) Ok Rach, tonight is the first show. It's been awhile since you've been home so I booked you two shows in Massachusetts. Tonight is the TD Garden, then tomorrow you're at the Xfinity Center.

RACHAEL: Oh that's great! I've been dying to go back to Massachusetts.

PRINCE: And because this is a summer tour you don't have to worry about traveling too much. We're keeping it in the states. You'll get June 8th, June 12th, and August 29th off for birthdays and your anniversary. Here's the setlist for tonight. (gives it to her)

RACHAEL: (Reads it, raises her eyebrow) Prince... These are all new songs. What about all the hits I've had for the last 20 years?

PRINCE: Don't worry Rach, I included a medley of some of your classics towards the end of the show, but tonight I wanted to focus on the newer songs to try and boost the album sales. You'll be doing two to three songs max from your last three albums, then throughout the rest of the tour you're in charge of your own setlist. You can do any song from any album, but you have to do at least two from each album.

RACHAEL: (Nods) Ok.

PRINCE: And don't worry, if you lose your voice or get sick you can take the night off. I'm still sorry about that!

RACHAEL: (Laughs) It's okay! That was almost 20 years ago, I'm over it!

PRINCE: Good. (checks his watch) We should be in Boston in about half an hour.

RACHAEL: Sweet.

PRINCE JR.: Hey Mom, Crüe Fest is this weekend! Can I go? Please?

RACHAEL: (Laughs) We'll see!

PRINCE JR.: Come on Mom! Sixx AM is playing! And I haven't seen Tommy in forever.

RACHAEL: Honey, I said we'll see! I've got 5 shows this week!

PRINCE JR.: (sighs)

455: INT. TD GARDEN (DRESSING ROOM) NIGHT

Later that night, Rachael is getting ready for her first show in years.

RACHAEL: (Doing her makeup, hears a knock at the door) Come in.

PRINCE: (Comes in with Michael) Rach, 5 minutes.

RACHAEL: (Nods) Okay.

PRINCE: How you feeling? You feel good?

RACHAEL: Apart from the giant knot in the pit of my stomach I feel fine.

PRINCE: Don't sweat it Rach, you'll be fine. I'll be onstage with you the whole time. (leaves)

RACHAEL: (Turns to Michael) Do I look okay?