The Footage You Were Never Meant To See/The Grammy's

214: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

Two weeks later. February 23rd, 2003.

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Fox agreed to air our two hour rebuttal documentary. The Grammy Awards were also tonight, but I decided not to go. I asked Michael if he wanted to go with me since I had been nominated in two categories, but Michael was still so anxious and embarrassed about the documentary that I couldn't get him to agree to go." (doorbell rings) I'll get it. (gets up and opens it)

PRINCE: Hi.

RACHAEL: Prince? What are you doing here?

PRINCE: I'm here to take you to the Grammy's.

RACHAEL: I told you I wasn't going to the Grammy's.

PRINCE: Oh yes you are. Go get dressed.

RACHAEL: Prince, I don't wanna go.

MICHAEL: Rachael, just because I'm miserable doesn't mean you need to be. Come on, go with Prince.

RACHAEL: (sighs) Alright fine, I'll take a shower and I'll be down in 20 minutes. (goes upstairs)

PRINCE: So, how you doing Mike?

MICHAEL: I'm okay. I'm hanging in there.

PRINCE: (nods)

MICHAEL: Prince, will you promise me something?

PRINCE: Anything Mike, what is it?

MICHAEL: If anything happens to me, please look after Rachael and my children.

PRINCE: What do you mean Mike?

MICHAEL: Anything could happen now that that video of Gavin and me is out. Marcia Clark even said that there was a pending investigation!

PRINCE: Calm down Mike, you're airing that rebuttal thing tonight right? Once everyone sees it this will all go away.

MICHAEL: But what if it doesn't? What if I go to jail?

PRINCE: Mike...

MICHAEL: Promise me.

RACHAEL: (comes down) I'm ready.

PRINCE: Ok, ok, I promise. (turns to Rachael) Wow, you look beautiful.