Blue Christmas

351: INT. MICHAEL AND RACHAEL'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) NIGHT FADE IN:

Three months later. December 24th, 2004. Christmas eve.

RACHAEL: (Decorating the tree with Paris and Blanket) (to Prince Jr.)

Hey honey, you wanna come help us decorate the tree?

PRINCE JR.: No thanks.

RACHAEL: Aw come on sweetie. You always like decorating the tree.

PRINCE JR.: Yeah well not anymore. (gets up and goes upstairs into his room)

RACHAEL: (sighs) (turns to Paris and Blanket) Um, why don't you guys go make some cookies for Santa? I bought Christmas cookie cutters at the store today.

PARIS: Ok. Come on Blanket. (takes his hand and leads him to the kitchen)

RACHAEL: Call me when you're ready to put them in the oven. (goes upstairs)

352: INT. MICHAEL AND RACHAEL'S HOUSE (PRINCE'S ROOM) NIGHT CUT TO:

Rachael has a heart to heart with Prince Jr.

RACHAEL: (softly knocks on the door and pokes her head in) Hey, can I come in?

PRINCE JR.: Whatever.

RACHAEL: (Comes in, closes the door and sits down on the bed next to him) What's going on sweetie?

PRINCE JR.: I don't wanna talk about it.

RACHAEL: (puts her hand on his knee) You miss Daddy, don't you?

PRINCE JR.: (nods)

RACHAEL: (sighs) I know baby. I miss him too, but he'll be home eventually.

PRINCE JR. Why can't he be with us for Christmas tomorrow?

RACHAEL: Because honey, the trial is starting soon. It's too close to the trial date.

PRINCE JR.: But that's not fair. It's not even gonna feel like Christmas.

RACHAEL: (holds him close to her) I know baby, and I feel awful about that, but I promise you, Daddy will come out of this a free man, and we'll have him home with us for good.

PRINCE JR.: Ok...

RACHAEL: Wanna come back down and help us decorate?

PRINCE JR.: (shakes his head)

RACHAEL: Wanna open one of your Christmas presents then? (gives him a present)

PRINCE JR.: (looks at it) Really?

RACHAEL: Go ahead.

PRINCE JR.: (opens it up to find Encore by Eminem) Eminem? But Dad doesn't like us listening to him.