The Verdict

Thank you to @erikadestler94 for writing most of this chapter.

384: INT. HAYVENHURST (MICHAEL'S ROOM) DAY FADE IN: 

The next day, June 13th, 2005. The day of the verdict. 

RACHAEL: Well, this is it honey. Verdict day. 

MICHAEL: God, I'm so nervous. I can't stop my hands from shaking. Look. 

Michael's hands were shaking rapidly as he tried doing up the last button on his blazer. 

RACHAEL: (Walks up to him and takes a hold of his hands) Baby, the jury is not gonna find you guilty. We've given more than enough evidence to contradict everything Sneddon's witnesses said in court. They're all a bunch of liars looking for an easy payout.

MICHAEL: I was so stupid to trust any of them from the start. I invited them into our home, we treated them like family and they all stabbed us in the back. 

RACHAEL: Well, it's like they say baby, karma is a bitch and it's gonna come for all of them. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will and it's gonna hit them hard. 

Michael and Rachael looked at each other and smiled before pulling each other in for a kiss. It was starting to get heated when there was a knock on their bedroom door.

PRINCE: (Knocking) Knock, knock lovebirds, hate to interrupt but we're gonna be late for court if we don't leave soon. 

RACHAEL: (Chuckles) We're ready now Prince. 

MICHAEL: By the way man, thanks for coming for support. I appreciate that. 

PRINCE: (Shrugging) Hey man, don't sweat it. Besides, I wanna see the look on old Sneddon's face when you win this thing. 

MICHAEL: If I do win this. 

PRINCE: Oh come on Michael. We all know every one of those "witnesses" on Sneddon's side were a bunch of liars and greedy bastards, and after today Sneddon is gonna look like an even bigger jackass than he already does. Have a little faith in the jury Mike. 

MICHAEL: (Takes a deep breath before standing up straight with his shoulders back, a stance of confidence.) You guys are right. 

RACHAEL: (Smiling) Well, what are we waiting for? 

PRINCE: Let's get this show on the road. 

Michael, Rachael and Prince marched out of the room together and left for court. 

385: INT. COURTROOM DAY DISSOLVE TO: 

The final day of court begins. 

COURT OFFICER: Order! Order! The Honorable Judge Melville presides. 

Everyone stands as the Judge enters and goes to sit behind his podium. 

JUDGE MELVILLE: Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

EVERYONE: Good morning Your Honor. 

COURT OFFICER: (Turns to the judge) Parties have been sworn in, Your Honor.