Final Rehearsals: June 24th, 2009

646: INT. MICHAEL & RACHAEL'S HOUSE (HOLMBY HILLS, KITCHEN) DAY

FADE IN:

The next day, June 24th, 2009. The last official day of rehearsal.

RACHAEL: (Yells upstairs) Kids! Breakfast!

MICHAEL: (Comes in and sits down at the table) Good morning sunshine.

RACHAEL: (Giggles softly) Morning! So, today's the last day of rehearsals, you getting excited?

MICHAEL: (Giggles) Very! I'm so excited to bring the kids this time, I can't wait for them to finally see me in action.

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: (They come downstairs) What's for breakfast?

RACHAEL: (Serves them) Omelettes.

MICHAEL: (Looks at them) Guys, I've got something to tell you. You know how I've been rehearsing for my next tour?

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: (they nod)

MICHAEL: Well, today's the last day of rehearsal and I was just thinking... How'd you guys like to come watch me?

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: (In unison) Really??? No way! Can we?

MICHAEL: (Giggles softly) Yes you can! You're old enough now, I want you to see what your daddy can do. I wanna make you guys proud of me.

PRINCE JR.: Awesome! Hey, can we go without the masks?

MICHAEL: (Sighs) Prince-

PRINCE JR.: Come on dad, why can't we be normal for once?

MICHAEL: (Thinks for a minute and sighs) All right, I guess we can go out through the garage and then go through the backstage entrance when we to the Staples Center. But just this once, okay?

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: Thanks Dad!

MICHAEL: You're welcome, go up and get ready. We're leaving soon.

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: Ok Dad! (they leave)

MICHAEL: Gee, they're really excited.

RACHAEL: Of course they are! Up until now they've only seen videos of you performing, now they get to see it up close!

MICHAEL: I just want them to be proud of me.

RACHAEL Michael, you're their father, they are proud of you.

MICHAEL: I know... I just feel like I've let them down, me being who I am. I just want them to have a normal life. I want them to have the childhood I didn't have.

RACHAEL: (Squeezes his hand) Hey, you're an amazing father, and they love you.

PRINCE JR.: (Comes downstairs with Paris and Blanket) Dad, we're ready.

Michael looked over at his children and saw that they were each dressed like him. Prince wore the Bad jacket and a white V-neck, Paris wore the Thriller jacket, a black glove and one of Michael's belts while Blanket wore a suit identical to Michael's Dangerous outfit. Michael was speechless.

 Michael was speechless