The Comeback

595: INT. THE O2 ARENA (DRESSING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

One month later, March 5th, 2009. Michael has arranged a press conference at the O2 Arena to announce his This Is It comeback shows.

RACHAEL: (Gives Michael a glass of water) Alright honey, you ready for this? You feel good?

MICHAEL: (Takes a sip and nods) Yeah, I'm ready.

RACHAEL: Alright, you got this baby.

MICHAEL: (Takes a deep breath) (walks out)

596: INT. THE O2 ARENA DAY CUT TO:

ANNOUNCER: You have waited long enough. Seven hundred and fifty million album sales, thirteen grammys. London welcomes the King of Pop, Mr. Michael Jackson!

CROWD: (screams)

MICHAEL: I love you so much! Um, thank you all... This is it! This is it! I just wanna say that um these will be my final show performances in London. This will be it, this is it, and when I say this is it it really means this is it because, um...

The crowd screamed louder, making Michael giggle and blush.

MICHAEL: I'll be, I'll be performing the songs my fans wanna hear. This is it, I mean this is really it. This the final... This is the final curtain call. And um, I'll see you in July, and ... I love you. I really do, you have to know that. I love you so much. Really, from the bottom of my heart. This is it, I'll see you in July.

With that, Michael made one last pose and left the stage

597: INT. STAPLES CENTER DAY FADE IN:

One month later, April 15th, 2009. Michael attends the auditions for This Is It.

KENNY ORTEGA: Good afternoon, my name is Kenny Ortega. I am the director for Michael Jackson's This Is It. I have previously worked with him on both the Dangerous and History tours. Also here are Travis Payne, choreographer and associate producer, and Stacy A. Walker, associate choreographer. We're looking for generous, hardcore inspired professionals who are hungry and wanting, who understand the value and responsibility that comes with being a Michael Jackson dancer. And lastly, Mr. Jackson, he welcomes you, he knows you're here, he knows how far you've traveled. Ok, I'm gonna hand the mic over to Stacy.

STACY A. WALKER: Thank you Kenny. As I'm sure you are all aware, this is on every dancer's checklist. If you get to dance with Michael, check. You've arrived.

TRAVIS PAYNE: That's right, anybody would jump at the chance to perform with Michael Jackson, but they have to be the right dancers.

STACY A. WALKER: If you are here, then you are ready to book this job and you mean business. This is it.

TRAVIS PAYNE: As you know, we have to surround Michael with the best. He's used to the best, now should be no exception. It's not about the best dancer, it's the best package, it's the best performer, the best attitude. Those are the things we're looking at, that's why you're all here.

STACY A. WALKER: I should mention there is a height situation. Guys kind of need to be close to Michael's height, about 5'9", 5'10", 5'11" is ideal. Girls not taller than Michael in heels, so preferably 5'5", 5'6", 5'7", and you gotta be on it, Michael's very into feeling, you gotta be able to dance and do the steps, you gotta be seasoned.

KENNY ORTEGA: Okay, playback.

On Kenny's cue, "Smooth Criminal" played over the speakers and the dancers all began the steps to the iconic routine while Michael and Rachael watched from behind the glass.

RACHAEL: (To herself) "For the next six and a half hours, Michael, Kenny and I watched about 600 dancers from behind a two-way mirror. The competition was insane."

MICHAEL: Wow, they're incredible.

RACHAEL: It's gonna be really hard to choose.

Six hours and 600 auditions later, Kenny, Michael and Travis have made their decisions.

KENNY ORTEGA: Alright, we've made our decisions, and the Michael Jackson principal dancers for This Is It are... Daniel Yao, Nicholas Basir, Daniel Celebre, Mekia Cox, Chris Grant, Misha Gabriel, Shannon Holtzapffel, Devin Jamieson, Charles Klapow, Ricardo Reid, Danielle Rueda Watts, Tyne Stecklein, and Timor Steffens.

DANCERS: (cheering)

DANCERS: (cheering)

The selected dancers all erupted into cheers and screams as Michael, Kenny, Travis and Stacy all stood up and applauded in a standing ovation.

KENNY ORTEGA: And the musicians who will be joining the tour... Orianthi Panagaris and Tommy Organ on guitar, Alex Al on bass, Jonathan Moffett on drums, Michael Bearden on keyboards and as musical director, along with Morris Pleasure also on keyboards, Bashiri Johnson on percussion, Dorian Holley on backing vocals and as well as vocal direction, Judith Hill on vocals, Darryl Phinnessee on vocals, and Ken Stacey on vocals. Once again, thank you all for coming in today. We will see you on Monday for rehearsals. Thank you.

 Thank you

Sorry for the short chapter. Next one will be up when it's finished. Just a heads up, the next updates will probably be very slow considering I'm going by the movie for now. I've decided to split April and May into 2 parts covering the first half of the movie and then the second half of the movie while also covering parts of what Michael was doing in between. As always, thanks for reading!!