Jam Of The Year

(A/N: The following chapter includes characters created by Mjthe112222aaaa from her book, "Remember the Journey". She reached out to me and asked if I would use her characters in my book, so I agreed and we came up with a few ideas. These characters will be making occasional appearances throughout the book ever so often, but they are not main characters. This book will still focus solely on the lives of Michael, Rachael, the kids and Prince. Enjoy!)

394: INT. MICHAEL AND RACHAEL'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN: 

Three months later, September 15th, 2005. Blanket's 5th birthday. 

RACHAEL: (Phone rings, answers it) Hello? 

PRINCE: (On the phone) Hi Rach. How you doing? 

RACHAEL: Oh hey Prince. We're doing pretty good considering. 

PRINCE: (On the phone) That's good. You guys doing anything for Blanket's birthday? 

RACHAEL: Well, we were thinking about combining all the kids' birthdays since we really couldn't celebrate during the trial. We were thinking about inviting everybody over but our new house is much smaller than Neverland. There's not a lot of room here. 

PRINCE: (On the phone) Well listen, I was thinking about throwing a huge bash tonight to celebrate a certain someone's number one album. Why not bring the kids and the whole family and make it a birthday party/album release party? 

RACHAEL: I really like the sound of that. But wait, who's album went number one? I didn't know you were working on anything. 

PRINCE: (On the phone) (laughs) It ain't me Rachie. Your album "Love Will Keep Us Together" is number one! 

RACHAEL: What?! Really?! That's amazing but... Walt, I don't remember releasing it. 

PRINCE: (On the phone) Hehe, well actually, about that Rach, I dropped the album the day after the verdict. 

RACHAEL: What? Prince, how many times have I told you not to release things behind my back? 

PRINCE: (On the phone) Come on Rach, I thought the timing was perfect. 

RACHAEL: Oh what the hell, I can't even be mad! I'm thrilled! What time's the party?

PRINCE: (On the phone) Tonight around 7. 

RACHAEL: Alright, we'll be there. Who else is coming?

PRINCE: (On the phone) The NPG, The Time, Wendy and Lisa, Lenny Kravitz, and Eddie Van Halen just to name a few. 

RACHAEL: Eddie Van Halen??? You're kidding! My Dad loves Van Halen! We'll see you tonight! (hangs up) Michael, honey, come here. 

MICHAEL: What is it?

RACHAEL: Prince is throwing a huge party tonight to celebrate my latest album hitting number one and he said we could invite our entire family and turn it into a birthday party for the kids since we didn't get to celebrate! What do you say?

MICHAEL: I don't know Rachael... 

RACHAEL: Oh come on honey, we gotta get you out of the house. It's been so long. Please? For me?