Back To His Roots

453: INT. PAISLEY PARK (STUDIO) DAY

FADE IN:

One month later. May, 2007. Rachael is finishing up her latest album, and Michael is ready to get back in the studio.

RACHAEL: (Comes in with Michael) Hey.

PRINCE: Hey Rach, hey Mike. You ready to finish your album?

RACHAEL: Yes, but there's something I wanted to ask you. Michael really wants to record again and we were wondering if you'd mind if he used one of your studios.

PRINCE: Yeah sure, I don't mind at all. Just let me finish up with Rach and we can get started. Is there anybody you've ever wanted to work with?

MICHAEL: I've always wanted to work with Akon. Oh, and Lenny Kravitz.

PRINCE: Lenny's great. I've worked with him many times.

MICHAEL: I know, you guys killed it at the New Years bash at Paisley back in 99.

PRINCE: Thanks Mike. Alright Rach, let's do this.

RACHAEL: (goes into the booth)

PRINCE: Alright, let's do... "Love Is Spreading Over The World". Wait, Sedaka wrote this one too? Jeez Rach, another one? Your last three albums had Sedaka songs. Did you lose a bet or something?

RACHAEL: (Laughs) No, I just think he's an amazing songwriter, and it seems like lately my covers have all become hits, so I must be doing something right!

PRINCE: Good point! (plays the track)

RACHAEL: (Starts singing) The hills are alive and the earth is hummingLove is spreading over the worldPut your ear to the ground, you can hear it comingLove is spreading over the worldHear it in the trees as the breeze is blowingSee it in the fields where the grass is growingPretty soon, the world will be overflowingWith love, sweet loveShout it down from the highest steepleLove is spreading over the worldGive the word to all of god's peopleLovе is spreading over the world Evеrybody's somebody's brotherNow is the time to love one anotherHand in hand we can make it togetherLove is spreading over the worldGlory, glory what a morningThere's a promise of something newLook around, the day is dawningLet it shine, let it shine on youShout it down from the highest steepleLove is spreading over the worldGive the word to all of god's peopleLove is spreading over the worldEverybody's somebody's brotherNow is the time to love one anotherGod is alive and he's making a come backLove is spreading over the worldGlory, glory what a morningThere's a promise of something newLook around, the day is dawningLet it shine, let it shine on youShout it down from the highest steepleLove is spreading over the worldGive the word to all of god's peopleLove is spreading over the world Everybody's somebody's brotherNow is the time to love one anotherHand in hand we can make it togetherLove is spreading over the world (uh-huh)Love is spreading over the world (oh yeah)Love is spreading over the worldThe hills are alive and the earth is hummingLove is spreading over the worldPut your ear to the ground, you can hear it comingLove is spreading over the worldHear it in the trees as the breeze is blowingSee it in the fields where the grass is growingHand in hand we can make it togetherLove is spreading over the world...

RACHAEL: (Starts singing) The first time i brought ya homeMy mama said, "He ain't good enough!I don't want my girl to be aloneBut i wonder is he good enough!"I was doing some worrying tooAnd i was thinking, thinking 'am i good enough for you?'The first time that i loved yaI know it was a little rough (little rough, little rough)But when at last, we were still, you asked"Was it good enough?" (good enough, good enough) And i cried and looked in your eyes of blueCause i'd been praying, prayingI was good enough for you (am i good enough for you)Good enough for you (am i good enough for you)Now i've got to set your mind at easeI've got to stop all your insecuritiesCause if anythingYou're too good for meNow it's strange how time's gone bySince the day that we fell in love (fell In love, fell in love)And still sometimes, we have to ask ourselvesWas it good enough? (good enough, good enough)Time is bound to make us seeJust how good 'good enough' can be (good enough can be)'good enough' can be (good enough can be)[Instrumental]Time is bound to make us seeJust how good 'good enough' can be (good enough can be)'good enough' can be (good enough can be)Good enough for you baby, Oh-HoAre you good enough for me(are you good enough for me) Good enough for you baby, mm-mm-mmAre you good enough for me(are you good enough for me)Good enough for you baby, Oh-HoAre you good enough for me(are you good enough for me)Good enough for you baby, Oh-HoAre you good enough for me(are you good enough for me)Good enough for you baby, Ey, HeyAre you good enough for me(are you good enough for me)Good enough for you baby, Oh-HoAre you good enough for me(are you good enough for me)Good enough for you baby, Ah-HaAre you good enough for me(are you good enough for me)