The Testimony Part 1

(A/N: I wanna give a big thank you to my best friend @erikadestler94 for writing this chapter. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long. There should be only one or two more court chapters and then I promise I will get back to my regular updating schedule. Also, this chapter takes place on April 28th, 2005. Paris' birthday in this story is April 3rd, 1994, so she is 11 at this point. Enjoy!)

375: INT. COURTROOM DAY
FADE IN:

April 28th, 2005. Rachael is about to give her testimony.

RACHAEL: (Thinking to herself) "Another day in court and I wish more than ever this entire nonsense would end."

Rachael sat in the audience just behind the defense table. Meanwhile, Michael and Thomas are sitting at the defense table whispering to each other.

RACHAEL: (Thinking to herself) "We have heard statement after statement made by people we used to trust, including people who used to work for us, which was the biggest punch to the gut Michael and I felt."

COURT OFFICER: (Walks over to the front of the Judge's podium) Order! Order in the court!

Everyone in the courtroom stopped talking amongst each other and turned to look at the Court Officer.

COURT OFFICER: All rise for the Honorable Judge Melville presides.

JUDGE MELVILLE: (Enters court through the side entrance, makes his way up to the podium and sits down on his chair) Everyone may be seated.

Everyone sits down.

JUDGE MELVILLE: Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

EVERYONE: Good morning your Honor.

JUDGE MELVILLE: Today's date is April 28th, 2005, we are currently on day 60 on the case of The People vs Michael Jackson. We have heard various witness statements from both sides, all of which contradict each other both in favor and against Mr. Jackson. How does the prosecution wish to proceed?

TOM SNEDDON: Your Honor, we wish to proceed with more witness statements, and we would like to call... Mrs. Rachael Jackson to the stand.

Sneddon turned and pointed towards Rachael as he spoke. The entire court room was in an uproar.

JUDGE MELVILLE: (Bangs his gavel down on his desk) Order! Order in the court.

Everyone quiets down and turns to Judge Melville.

JUDGE MELVILLE: An interesting step on your part Councilor Sneddon, what is your reasoning?

TOM SNEDDON: (Smiling smugly) Well, I reckon with Mrs. Rachael Jackson being married to the defendant she would know firsthand the acts that Mr. Jackson made against children he invited to his home at Neverland Ranch.

THOMAS MESEREAU: (Stands and addresses the Judge) Your Honor, we request a quick recess. The Prosecution has given no official summons for Mrs. Jackson to testify for them.

TOM SNEDDON: (Turns to Thomas with an evil smirk before turning back to the Judge) Your Honor, I meant no disrespect. I just took the opportunity to request Mrs. Jackson to testify since she has had impeccable attendance to court sessions since the beginning.

JUDGE MELVILLE: (Turns to look at Rachael sitting in the audience booth then turns back to Sneddon) I'll allow it this time, but next time Councilor Sneddon, file the proper paperwork procedure. As a veteran lawyer you should know this.

TOM SNEDDON: Again, my apologies, your Honor.

JUDGE MELVILLE: We will take a quick recess and will reconvene at 9:30am.

Judge Melville banged the gavel down on his desk before getting up to leave. Everyone stood up from their seats and made their way out of the courtroom. Rachael, Michael, and Thomas stayed back for a few minutes and watched as Sneddon packed away some papers in his briefcase.

MICHAEL: (Nervously whispering) How can he do that? And how can the Judge let this happen?

RACHAEL: (Whispering) Michael baby, calm down. It's all part of his sick game. If he thinks he can get any dirt on you out of me, he is sorely mistaken.

THOMAS MESEREAU: (Whispering) I agree Michael, this actually could be an advantage for us. Rachael will speak in your defense and this will ultimately make Sneddon look incompetent.

All three of them looked towards Sneddon as he finished packing his paperwork.

TOM SNEDDON: (Looks at them with a smug smile) Gentlemen, and lady, I shall see you all tomorrow.

Sneddon made his way out of the court room, practically strutting with each step.