Thanksgiving/Christmas (2001)

This chapter takes place on November 22nd and December 25th, 2001. Enjoy!

122: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (KITCHEN) DAY FADE IN:

Two weeks later, November 22nd, 2001. Thanksgiving.

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Thanksgiving was quiet, no one wanted to fly, so it was mostly Michael's family since they all lived in California close to us. I invited Prince and Manuela over, but they went to her parents' house instead, which actually worked out fine because Mayte and Tommy came over to keep me company, knowing of my difficult relationship with Michael's father. Prince did feel bad about not being there, so he sent us a copy of his new album as an apology." (phone rings) (answers it) Hello?

PRINCE: (on the phone) Hi.

RACHAEL: Hi, happy Thanksgiving.

PRINCE: (on the phone) Happy Thanksgiving. I'm sorry I couldn't be there.

RACHAEL: Oh that's okay, I understand.

PRINCE: (on the phone) So, how do you like the new album?

RACHAEL: I love it, it's great.

PRINCE: (on the phone) Thanks Rach. You know, we still gotta work on your album.

RACHAEL: I know, but, um, with everything that's been going on, I don't really wanna record right now. Can we maybe start up again in the new year?

PRINCE: (on the phone) Sure Rach. Speaking of that, Manuela and I finally set a wedding date. We're getting married on New Years Eve in Hawaii and getting baptized in the eyes of the Lord.

RACHAEL: (presses her lips together tightly) That's great!

PRINCE: (on the phone) You're gonna be there, right?

RACHAEL: I wouldn't miss it for the world.

PRINCE: (on the phone) Thanks Rach. I gotta go. I'll talk to you soon. (hangs up)

RACHAEL: Alright everyone, let's eat. (serves them)

PRINCE JR.: Hey Tommy, after dinner would you sign my CD?

TOMMY LEE: Sure little dude!

RACHAEL: (smiles)

123: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

One month later, Christmas, 2001.

PRINCE JR.: (opening presents with Paris and Blanket)

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Christmas was also quiet. Just me, Michael and the kids. As usual, Michael got me a bunch of albums, including Aerosmith's latest album. He also got me some beautiful necklaces and earrings. And as always, the kids were satisfied with their toys. Tommy even bought Prince his very own drum set and offered to give him free lessons, earning the loveable nickname, Uncle Tommy."

"