Trust In Me

(A/N: Credit for the Thanksgiving half of this chapter goes to @Mjthe112222aaaa.)

569: INT. BEL AIR HOTEL (MICHAEL AND RACHAEL'S SUITE) DAY FADE IN:

The next day, Michael calls Randy Phillips with the decision.

MICHAEL: (Talking on the phone to Randy Phillips) Hello, Mr. Phillips? It's Michael. I've made my decision... I'll do it. But I need to know how much I'll be making. As you know, my financial state has been rocky since the trial.

RANDY PHILLIPS: (On the phone) Of course Michael. I'd estimate that you'd earn about $250 million dollars.

MICHAEL: 250 MILLION????!!!! Oh thank you Mr. Phillips! Thank you, thank you, thank you! But, there is one thing. I'm gonna need a personal doctor. I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night and I require certain medications for my back.

RANDY PHILLIPS: (On the phone) Of course. We'll look into getting a physician for you. Have a good day. (hangs up)

Within minutes of hanging up the phone, Michael's phone rang again. It was Raymone.

MICHAEL: (Sighs and answers it) Hello Raymone.

RAYMONE BAIN: (On the phone) I just got off the phone with Mr. Phillips! I am so happy you've agreed to do it! Now we can all get paid!

MICHAEL: Listen Raymone, if I'm gonna do this then I need you to find me a house here in LA. I am not driving 4 hours every day to and from LA and then another 4 hours back to Vegas. I won't do it.

RAYMONE BAIN: (On the phone) Already on it boss. I've arranged for you and your family to stay at the Bel-Air hotel for the next few months while I search for a house.

MICHAEL: Why can't we just stay at our house in Vegas?

RAYMONE BAIN: (On the phone) Oh! Because I've sold the house.

MICHAEL: You what?!?! How could you do that???

RAYMONE BAIN: (On the phone) Oh relax! You were already packing up your stuff for Wonderland anyway. I figured this would be easier for everyone.

MICHAEL: (sighs and hangs up)

RACHAEL: What's going on?

MICHAEL: Raymone sold our Vegas house.

RACHAEL: What?! How the hell could she do that?! Where are we gonna stay?

MICHAEL: I guess she arranged for us to stay here for awhile while she finds us a house in LA. Come on, we better get the kids. (both leave)

570: INT. MICHAEL & RACHAEL'S HOUSE (VEGAS, LIVING ROOM) DAY DISSOLVE TO:

Michael and Rachael go to pick up the kids from the Vegas.

PRINCE JR.: Dad, why are they taking all our stuff?

RACHAEL: Raymone sold our house without telling us baby, but don't worry, we're just putting our things into storage for now until we move into Wonderland.

MICHAEL: Everybody, we're leaving.

BLANKET: Are we going back to Neverland?

MICHAEL: Blanket, we're never going back to Neverland.

PARIS: We're going to Wonderland, right?

MICHAEL: We're going somewhere else first.

BLANKET: Why can't we just go home?

PARIS: We don't have one.

RACHAEL: Paris, that's not true.

MICHAEL: (Sighs) Come on, we're going.