A Birthday, A bad Review, and A Better Album

48: INT. MICHAEL AND RACHAEL'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

Three months later, April 3rd, 2007. Paris' 13th birthday.

RACHAEL: (Comes in with a cake, singing) Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Paris, happy birthday to you! Make a wish baby!

PARIS: (blows out the candles)

RACHAEL: Yay! Here honey, this is a little present from Daddy and me. (gives her a present)

PARIS: (opens it to find a silver neck with angel wings that says "13 and Fabulous") Thank you! I love it! (hugs them both tightly)

 (gives her a present) PARIS: (opens it to find a silver neck with angel wings that says "13 and Fabulous") Thank you! I love it! (hugs them both tightly)

PRINCE: (Comes in) Hey, where's the birthday girl?

PARIS: Here I am! (hugs him tightly) Hi uncle Prince!

PRINCE: Hey, happy birthday sweet thing! (gives her a present) Here.

PARIS: (Opens it up to find a pink journal that says "Songwriting is my Thing") Wow!

PRINCE: I thought it was time for you to have your own songwriting journal.

RACHAEL: (Stroking Paris' hair) That's great sweetie! Now you can have all your lyrics in one place!

PARIS: Awesome! Thanks uncle Prince! (hugs him)

PRINCE: You're welcome kid. (kisses her head)

MICHAEL: (Calls to her) Paris, I got The Wiz set up whenever you're ready.

PARIS: Coming Daddy! (runs off)

PRINCE: (To Rachael) Oh, Rach, I almost forgot... (tosses her a copy of Rolling Stone) The reviews for "Come In From The Rain" are in.

RACHAEL: Already? But it just came out two days ago. (flips to the page and begins reading silently to herself) (frowns softly)

PRINCE: What? What is it?

RACHAEL: Prince... Did you read any of these?

PRINCE: No. Why? What's it say?

RACHAEL: They're all negative...

PRINCE: Oh come on Rach, they can't be that bad.

RACHAEL: Ok yeah? Listen to this, (reads it) "I've been Rachael's #1 listener since 1988, but "Ladybug" and "Circles" sound like something a baby would listen to. Not really my style, she's losing it."

PRINCE: Ok, one bad critic, but...

RACHAEL: (Scoffs) One Guy wrote, "Her manager really needs to stop her!"

PRINCE: Hey, I don't control the material you record! You stopped letting me do that years ago!

RACHAEL: (Keeps reading) Oh God, they're even taking jabs at Michael. "I could never be married to a pedophile and still make a whole album for him." (slams it down on the table (and rests her head in her hands)