Tiny Dancers and Nipplegates

302: INT. HAYVENHURST DAY FADE IN:

Two weeks later, January 31st, 2004.

RACHAEL: (phone rings) (answers it) Hello?

PRINCE: (on the phone) Hi Rach.

RACHAEL: Oh, hey Prince, what's up?

PRINCE: (on the phone) I was thinking maybe you could come over and we could start recording tracks for your precious little country album.

RACHAEL: Prince, I would love to, honestly, but I can't leave the state.

PRINCE: (on the phone) I thought they only took your passports so you couldn't leave the country. And isn't Janet performing the halftime show? The Superbowl is being held in Texas this year, right?

RACHAEL: Yes, but I got special permission from Sneddon and Levenkron to go.

PRINCE: (on the phone) Speaking of Levenkron, how have you been doing?

RACHAEL: Well, he says I'm improving nicely. He said I could probably go home a few weeks early.

PRINCE: (on the phone) That's great. You're staying at Michael's parents' house, right?

RACHAEL: Yeah.

PRINCE: (on the phone) They got a studio there?

RACHAEL: Yeah, why?

PRINCE: (on the phone) I'll be there in an hour.

RACHAEL: Prince, come on, Michael is going through a lot. I really don't think I should be recording an album right now.

PRINCE: (on the phone) Ok, ok. Do this at least, write me a list of the songs you want to record and when you're ready we can start working on it, deal?

RACHAEL: Deal. So, are you and Manuela coming with us to the game tomorrow?

PRINCE: (on the phone) Yeah, we're gonna fly in tonight and get a hotel then we'll meet you guys there in the morning.

RACHAEL: Sounds like a plan. I'll see you tomorrow. (hangs up) Ok, what songs do I wanna cover? (thinks and starts writing the list)

MICHAEL: (comes in) Hi sweetie. (kisses her head) Who was on the phone?

RACHAEL: Prince, he wanted me to make a list of all the country songs I want to record for my next album.

MICHAEL: You're doing a country album?

RACHAEL: Yeah, did I not tell you? I wanna do a country album as a salute to Johnny and June and all the amazing women in country music.

MICHAEL: Oh, that's right. You did tell me. I'm sorry honey, I just have so much on my mind right now.

RACHAEL: (rubs his back lovingly) Don't apologize baby. I know. (kisses him) You know, Johnny and June had a lot of duets. I was thinking maybe you could sing them with me. (smiles softly at him)

MICHAEL: I don't know Rachael.

RACHAEL: Aw come on honey, "Jackson" was one of the best duets they ever had, and who better to sing it than Mr. and Mrs. Jackson?