Betrayal and Revenge

(This chapter takes place between December 28th 2001 to early January 2002.)

124: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) DAY FADE IN:

A few days later. December 28th.

RACHAEL: (wakes up) (moans) (to herself) "I woke up feeling... Off. I didn't know how to describe it. I felt incredibly tired, I looked at the clock, 11:30. I never sleep this late." (gets up and goes downstairs)

125: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (KITCHEN) DAY

RACHAEL: (comes in)

MICHAEL: Well good morning sunshine! You're up late!

RACHAEL: I know, I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm really tired for some reason.

MICHAEL: Are you okay? You're not getting sick are you?

RACHAEL: I hope not. Prince is getting married in three days and if I'm not there he'll hate me forever.

MICHAEL: Oh come on honey, he loves you. He could never hate you. Now, do you want some breakfast?

RACHAEL: (shakes her head).I'm not that hungry. Achoo!

MICHAEL: Honey, are you sure you're alright? You don't sound too good.

RACHAEL: I'm fine. It's probably just a cold, I'll be fine.

MICHAEL: (feels her head) You don't feel warm.

RACHAEL: See? It's nothing.

MICHAEL: Well, ok, but I think you should go up and lay down just to be on the safe side.

RACHAEL: (sighs) Fine. (goes back upstairs)

126: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) DAY

RACHAEL: (crawls back into bed and lays down) (to herself) "Even though I didn't want to admit it, I felt like I was coming down with something, but I prayed it would be gone in time for the wedding."

127: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (BEDROOM) DAY FADE IN:

The next day...

RACHAEL: (wakes up) (to herself) "The next day, I felt worse. My body ached and I couldn't stay warm."

MICHAEL: (comes in) Hey sweetie, how you feeling?

RACHAEL: Oh I'm fine. (shivers) Is it cold on here?

MICHAEL: No, it's 72 in here. (feels her head)

RACHAEL: (to herself) "God, I'm terrible liar..."

MICHAEL: I think you have a fever. Stay here, I'm gonna get the thermometer. (walks out comes back in with the thermometer) Open.

RACHAEL: (rolls her eyes and opens her mouth)

MICHAEL: (takes her temperature) (looks at it) 101.

RACHAEL: Shit.

MICHAEL: Honey I think you have the flu.

RACHAEL: No, no. Do not say that! I cannot miss that wedding!

MICHAEL: Honey, it's flu season and you clearly don't feel good.

RACHAEL: There's still two more days to go! I could be better by tomorrow!

MICHAEL: Rachael, honey, I really don't think you're gonna be better by then.

RACHAEL: Michael, I will be fine. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow and see what he says.

MICHAEL: And what if he says it's the flu?

RACHAEL: He won't because it's not the flu!

MICHAEL: (sighs and shakes his head) You are stubborn as a mule.