The Arraignment

(A/N: I am so sorry it's taken so long to update! I promise to start updating regularly again, it's just these court chapters are a pain. That being said, I wanna give a huge thank you to my best friend erikadestler94 who wrote most of this chapter! ❤️ Enjoy!)

296: INT. HAYVENHURST (KITCHEN) DAY FADE IN:

Two weeks later, January 16th, 2004, the day Michael's arraignment.

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Today was a big day. Michael is having his first day in court. We were all nervous wrecks. I flew in from New York to California where I learned Michael had moved back in with Joseph and Katherine, as he was unwilling to return to Neverland, and he was tired of staying in hotel rooms. Once I got there, Prince met me at the airport, he had flown with the kids from Minnesota to Encino to be closer to Michael after getting permission from Sneddon."

PRINCE JR.: Mom, can I have some more eggs?

RACHAEL: Oh, sure sweetheart. (serves him)

PRINCE JR.: (starts eating)

RACHAEL: (Calling upstairs) Michael?! Hurry up, we have to be at the courthouse in half an hour.

MICHAEL: (Upstairs) I'll be down soon Rachael!

PRINCE JR.: Mom, why can't we come with you to the courthouse?.

PARIS: We want to come support Daddy.

BLANKET: Please Mommy?

RACHAEL: (Looks at them with a sad smile) No kids, I don't want you coming with us.

PRINCE JR.: But why?

RACHAEL: Because they are going to say a lot of mean things about your father. Things that aren't true and I don't want you getting upset by them.

PARIS: But they're all lies Mommy! Daddy never hurt us or anybody else.

RACHAEL: You and I both know that, but they won't just take our word for it because we're his family. But don't worry, our lawyers know the whole truth and they will prove your Daddy is innocent.

PRINCE JR.: But what if they don't believe Dad? They'll lock him up and we'll never see him again.

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: (they all start crying)

RACHAEL Come here my babies.

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: (they all come up to her and hug her tightly)

RACHAEL: Your father will not be locked up, we all just have to have faith that justice will prevail, and I promise you he will come home with me tonight.

MICHAEL: (Appearing behind) I promise you all I will. Now, how about we seal that promise with a group hug.

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET:
(they all run to Michael and give him the biggest hug ever)

PRINCE: (Comes strolling into the room) Awwwwww now isn't that a sweet sight. Don't worry kids your Daddy will come home from court.