The Jury Selection

(A/N: I wanna give a huge thank you to my best friend erikadestler94 for writing most of this chapter! I always defer to her when the trial stuff comes up because she knows more about that stuff than me! She wrote the first half, I wrote the second half.)

(This chapter will take place between February 14th and 15th, 2005. Enjoy!!)

362: INT. HAYVENHURST (MICHAEL'S ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

The next day, February 14th, 2005. The first day of the Jury selection. Michael and Rachael are getting ready to leave for court.

RACHAEL: (shakes Michael awake gently) Michael, wake up sweetheart. We gotta get ready.

MICHAEL: (wakes up and moans)

RACHAEL: (puts her earrings in)

MICHAEL: (Sneezing) ACHOOOO!

RACHAEL: (Looks at him with concern) Oh no Michael babe, don't tell me you're coming down with something.

MICHAEL: It's nothing sweetie, it was just one sneeze.

RACHAEL: Well let's hope it's not the flu, the court won't give too much leniency if you miss too many court days.

MICHAEL: I know honey, and that's the last thing I need right now. ACHOO!

RACHAEL: It'll be okay baby. Anyway, today is just the first day of the jury selection. You will get the chance to tell your side.

MICHAEL: Here's hoping the jury believes me though.

RACHAEL: They will baby, I know it.

Michael went to put on his suit jacket while Rachael finished touching up her makeup at her dressing table.

MICHAEL: (kisses her neck) You look beautiful.

RACHAEL: (giggles softly) We should get going now, Janet should be here by now to watch the kids.

MICHAEL: The kids are here? I thought they were with Prince.

RACHAEL: They were, but they wanted to see you before you went into court today so Prince flew them here this morning.

MICHAEL: He did? That's so sweet of him! Let's go see them!

Michael and Rachael locked arms as they left the room and went downstairs.

363: INT. HAYVENHURST (LIVING ROOM) DAY CUT TO:

When Michael and Rachael came downstairs, Janet and the kids were sitting together on the couch watching TV, waiting for them.

RACHAEL: Kids, Daddy and I are heading out now.

The kids came rushing to their parents and each gave them a hug and a kiss.

PRINCE JR.: We believe in you Daddy.

PARIS: Prove them wrong Daddy.

BLANKET: We love you Daddy.

MICHAEL: (Hugging his kids) I love you guys. Don't worry, I'll be home tonight. ACHOO!

PRINCE JR.: Oh no Dad, you're not getting sick, are you?

MICHAEL: No, no son. It's just a little cold, it's nothing to worry about.

RACHAEL: I hope so honey. (turns to the kids) Now kids, today is only the jury selection before the real trial begins. So try not to worry too much, okay?

PRINCE, PARIS AND BLANKET: (they nod)

JANET: (Gets up from the couch and hugs Michael tightly) Well here's hoping they pick a jury who are sympathetic and see the truth the minute the evidence is presented.