Can We Make It Rain Harder?

(A/N: This chapter will take place between January to February 4th, 2007. Also, I may not be able to include footage of Prince's halftime performance due to it being property of the NFL because it doesn't always work outside of Youtube, so if it doesn't work, I strongly recommend that you check it out because it really is incredible. Best Halftime performance of all time in my opinion. Also, I would like to dedicate this chapter to Taylor Hawkins.)

443: INT. PAISLEY PARK (STUDIO) DAY FADE IN: 

One week later, January 2007. Rachael brings her demos to Prince. 

PRINCE: (Recording) Imagine holding Planet EarthIn the palm of your handWith no regard for your place of birthOr claim to any landThe only thing between us nowIs the truth we understandIf Planet Earth was in the palm of your hand[Verse 2]Fifty years from nowWhat will they say about us here?Did we care for the water andThe fragile atmosphere?There are only two kind of folkAnd the difference they makeThe ones that give and the ones that take [Chorus]Just like the countless bodiesThat revolve around the sunPlanet Earth must now come into balance with the oneThat caused it all to beThen we'll see His kingdom comeSo shall it be written, shall be sung[Verse 3]Imagine you could rid the EarthOf anyone you chooseWhich ones would you need the mostAnd which ones would you lose?Do we want to judge anotherLest we be judged too? Careful now, the next one might be you[Chorus]Just like the countless bodiesThat revolve around the sunPlanet Earth must now (right now) come into balance with the oneThat caused it all to beAnd then we'll see His kingdom comeSo shall it be written, shall be sung[Verse 4]Imagine sending your first bornOff to fight a warWith no good reason how it startedOr what they are fighting forAnd if they're blessed to make it homeWill they still be poor? Pray for peace right now and forever more Just like the countless bodiesThat revolve around the sunPlanet Earth must now come into balance with the oneThat caused it all to beThen we'll see His kingdom comeSo shall it be written, shall be sungSay it one more timeJust like the countless bodiesThat revolve around the sunPlanet Earth must now come into balance with the oneThat caused it all to beThen we'll see His kingdom come (see His kingdom come)So shall it be written, shall be sung (shall be sung)Oh yeah, yeahSo shall it be written, shall be sung... 

RACHAEL: (Knocking) Hey! 

PRINCE: (Looks up) Oh, hey. 

RACHAEL: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.

PRINCE: No, it's fine. I was just working on a new track. 

RACHAEL: It's nice, I like what I heard. 

PRINCE: Thanks. So, what's going on? 

RACHAEL: I wanted you to hear the songs I was working on in London! 

PRINCE: You recorded in London? 

RACHAEL: Yup! I got a whole album for ya right here. (gives him the CD) Michael and I went up to Strawberry Studios and worked on it. The kids even sang and played on it. 

PRINCE Really? Wow, they're turning into little pros! Let's hear this bad boy! (puts it in and listens to it intently) 

40 minutes later... 

PRINCE: (turns off the stereo) 

RACHAEL: So? What do you think?