Rehearsals: May 2009 (Part One)

Thank you to @Ringo_Spoon, @Be_you-ti-ful and @erikadestler94 for helping with the love scene.

606: INT. LIMO DAY FADE IN:

One month later, May 2009. Michael is getting ready for more rehearsals.

MICHAEL: I'm so excited! We're gonna be doing "Smooth Criminal" today, Kenny and I came up with this idea, he's gonna put me in a scene from Gilda with Rita Hayworth and it's gonna have a real 1945 Chicago gangster feel to it.

RACHAEL: (Smiles softly) That's great honey.

MICHAEL: (Phone rings, answers it) Oh, hold on sweetie, I gotta take this. Hello?

RANDY PHILLIPS: (On the phone) Hello Michael, I just wanted to tell you that Conrad Murray has officially signed on to be your doctor on the tour.

MICHAEL: Really? That's so good to hear. And he'll give me... He'll give me everything I need, right?

RANDY PHILLIPS: (On the phone) We're paying him $150,000 a month, so he damn well better!

MICHAEL: (Chuckles) That's great, thank you so much Randy, and thank Conrad for me too, will you?

RANDY PHILLIPS: (On the phone) I sure will.

MICHAEL: Thank you Randy. God bless you. (hangs up)

RACHAEL: Who was that honey?

MICHAEL: Randy Phillips.They got Dr. Murray to signed on to be my doctor on this tour.

RACHAEL: Dr. Murray...? That doctor who came to our house and treated Paris when she had the flu?

MICHAEL: Yes, isn't that great? He's perfect!

RACHAEL: Are you sure he's the right choice honey? He only came over that one time, you barely know him.

MICHAEL: Rachael, the man who hired Bill and Javon recommended him. I trust him completely.

RACHAEL: Did they even do a background check?

MICHAEL: Don't worry Rachael, he's a very successful cardiologist.

RACHAEL: But Michael-

MICHAEL: (Takes her hand) Rachael, please stop worrying. Dr. Murray is going to take care of me, I promise you.

RACHAEL: (sighs softly)

607: INT. STAPLES CENTER DAY CUT TO:

Michael is ready to shoot the intro video for Smooth Criminal.

KENNY ORTEGA: Good morning Michael! Okay, you ready to shoot this?

MICHAEL: I'm always ready Kenny.

KENNY ORTEGA: Great, let's get you set up in front of the green screen.

608: INT. BREAK O' DAWN CLUB NIGHT FADE IN:

Kenny shoots Michael in front of the green screen.

KENNY ORTEGA: And... Action.

Chicago, 1945.

GILDA (RITA HAYWORTH): (Singing "Put The Blame On Mame") Put the blame on Mame, boys Put the blame on Mame Mame did a dance called the hoochy-coo That's the thing that slew McGrew So you can put the blame on Mame, boys...

MICHAEL: (watches her)

KENNY ORTEGA: (Cuts) Ok, cut it there. We're seconds away Michael. Okay, and Gilda singing... (rolls the camera)