Negotiations

Big thank you to erikadestler94 for writing the majority of this chapter. I wrote the part where Michael is on the phone with Raymone and that last little bit about Prince.

560: INT. MICHAEL & RACHAEL'S HOUSE (VEGAS, LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

One month later, October, 2008. Michael, Rachael and the kids were spending the day together having a movie marathon in the living room when the phone rang.

RACHAEL: (Phone rings) I got it.

Rachael got up from the couch and picked up the phone.

RACHAEL: (answers the phone) Hello?

RAYMONE BAIN: (On the phone) Hello Mrs. Jackson, sorry to bother you, but could I please speak to Mr. Jackson really quick?

RACHAEL: (Sighs) Sure Raymone, give me a sec.

Rachael put the phone down and headed back into the living room. Michael was sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn on his lap while Prince, Paris and Blanket were looking through DVDs trying to pick out a movie.

MICHAEL: (To Rachael) Who was that on the phone baby?

RACHAEL: It's Raymone, she says she needs to talk to you about something.

MICHAEL: (Sighs) What now? I told her I was spending the day with you and the kids.

RACHAEL: (Shrugging) I don't know sweetie, maybe it's something that couldn't wait til tomorrow.

MICHAEL: (Puts the bowl of popcorn down and stands up from the couch) Well, I better see what she wants. If I'm not back in 10 minutes, you go ahead and start without me. (goes into the other room)

RACHAEL: Okay babe, hurry back.

Meanwhile, Prince, Paris and Blanket were arguing over which movie to watch.

PARIS: I wanna watch Legally Blonde!

PRINCE JR.: No, we're watching The Blind Side!

BLANKET: Scooby Doo!

RACHAEL: Alright you three, that's enough!

PARIS: Mom, I wanna watch Legally Blonde! Rebecca and Camilla Rosso from Suite Life of Zack and Cody are in it.

PRINCE JR.: The Blind Side has football in it.

BLANKET: I want Scooby Doo!

RACHAEL: Okay, enough now! How about we flip a coin? We'll start with Prince and Paris because you two are the oldest, then whoever loses is up against Blanket's choice. Does that sound fair to you?

Prince, Paris and Blanket all loomed at each other for a moment, then turned to Rachael and nodded their heads "yes."

RACHAEL: (Takes out a coin from her pocket.) Okay Prince, heads or tails?

PRINCE JR.: Heads, mom.

Rachael flipped the coin up, caught it in her left hand and flipped it over onto the back of her right hand.

RACHAEL: (Takes her hand away and looks) Heads it is, we're watching Prince's movie first.

PARIS AND BLANKET: Awwww!

RACHAEL: Hey, you all agreed to it. Now it's between Paris and Blanket's movies. Paris, heads or tails sweetie?

PARIS: Heads, Mommy.

Rachael flipped the coin up again, caught it, flipped it over to her opposite hand and looked to see what it landed on.

RACHAEL: (Looks at it and sighs) Sorry baby, Blanket wins this round.