Rehearsals: April 2009

(A/N: I apologize in advance for the long chapter. The first official day of rehearsals was April 20th 2009, but really this will technically take place through the last week of April because he probably performed all the same songs, so even though I wrote it as April 20th, just look at it as a week. Enjoy!)

598: INT. MICHAEL & RACHAEL'S HOUSE (HOLMBY HILLS, LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

One week later, April 20th, 2009. Michael and Rachael are getting ready to head back to the Staples Center for the first day of rehearsals for This Is It.

RACHAEL: (Comes downstairs) Alright guys, we're heading out. Uncle Prince is on his way.

PRINCE JR.: Mom, I'm 19, I can watch Paris and Blanket, we don't need a babysitter.

RACHAEL: I know baby, but it's been awhile since you guys have seen uncle Prince, and besides, he said he'd bring a rough cut of his next album for you guys to listen to.

PRINCE JR.: Ooh! Sweet!

RACHAEL: (Yells up to Michael) Michael! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!

MICHAEL: I'm coming!

RACHAEL: (Hears a knock at the door, opens it to see Prince standing there) Hey Prince.

PRINCE: (Hugs her lovingly) Hey Rach, how you doing?

RACHAEL: We're doing pretty good, we're going to the Staples Center for the first rehearsal.

PRINCE: Yeah, I, uh, saw Mike's announcement on the news... He seemed a little... Out of it.

Rachael looked to make sure Michael and the kids weren't within earshot.

RACHAEL: (Sighs and whispers) I know, I wanted to say something, but you know how Michael is, so I kept my mouth shut because I didn't wanna start another argument, but believe me, I could tell something wasn't right.

PRINCE: Did you see him take anything?

RACHAEL: No, if I had, I would've stopped him. But he was definitely on something.

PRINCE: Any idea what he might've taken?

RACHAEL: Demerol for all I know.

PRINCE: Does he really think he can handle 50 dates like this?

RACHAEL: It was originally supposed to be 10. Michael's "manager" specifically told him this would be ten dates max, but at the meeting they dropped the bombshell that they upped it to 50. He was angry at first, but... He really wants the kids to see him perform, they've never been to one of his concerts, at least not up close, he always wanted them to stay in the dressing room because he didn't want them to see that side of him. He wanted them to only see him as Daddy, not Michael Jackson the King of Pop, so in his eyes, this is his chance to finally show them what he can really do onstage. He's so excited, but I'm scared to death.

PRINCE: (Sighs) Damn Rach.

Just then, Michael came downstairs in a silver jacket and red pants.

MICHAEL: (Comes down) I'm ready.

RACHAEL: Ok honey. We'll probably be home late tonight. Prince can go to bed whenever he wants, I want Paris in bed by 9:30, and Blanket by 8.

PRINCE: No problem Rach, I'll see you guys tonight. Good luck Mike.

599: INT. LIMO DAY CUT TO:

MICHAEL: Oh Rachael, I'm so excited! Kenny's been working on these really cool pyrotechnics and special effects for the show! He's got this idea for me to come onto the stage in this sort of spaceman type suit with all these videos of historical events and I'm gonna be floating above the stage.