Making Amends

140: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (KITCHEN) DAY FADE IN:

The next day...

RACHAEL: (starts cooking)

MICHAEL: (comes in) What are you making?

RACHAEL: I'm making soup for Prince.

MICHAEL: Is he sick?

RACHAEL: No, Mayte gave me the recipe for soup she used make him that he loved. I'm hoping it will patch things up.

MICHAEL: I'm sure it will. (kisses her head)

141: EXT. PAISLEY PARK DAY DISSOLVE TO:

Later, Rachael visits Prince, hoping to make amends.

RACHAEL: (knocks on the door)

PRINCE: (opens the door)

RACHAEL: Hi.

PRINCE: Hi.

RACHAEL: Um, I made you some soup.

PRINCE: What for?

RACHAEL: A peace offering. Prince, I am so, so sorry I missed your wedding. I feel absolutely horrible, I never wanted or meant to hurt you in any way. And I am honest to God sorry from the bottom of my heart. Please forgive me.

PRINCE: You didn't have to do this Rach.

RACHAEL: Honey, I wanted to.

PRINCE: Come here. (pulls her into a loving hug) I forgive you.

RACHAEL: I am so sorry.

PRINCE: I know you are. I'm sorry I didn't believe you. I was just hurt.

RACHAEL: I know, and I understand. I wasn't exactly thrilled, but I meant it when I said I didn't hate Manuela.

PRINCE: You wanna come in? I gotta finish a couple things in the studio, but Manuela's in the kitchen.

RACHAEL: (smiles softly) Yeah. I think I owe her an apology too. (goes inside)

142: INT. PAISLEY PARK (KITCHEN) DAY CUT TO:

Rachael and Manuela make amends.

PRINCE: I'll leave you two alone. (walks out)

RACHAEL: Hi.

MANUELA: Hi.

RACHAEL: I made you guys some soup.

MANUELA: You did? That's so sweet! You didn't have to do that!

RACHAEL: I know, but I wanted to. I feel like we kind of got off on the wrong foot. Manuela, I don't hate you at all, and I am so sorry if I made you feel that way.

MANUELA: Thank you Rachael, that means a lot to me. I know what you must think of me, I know you're really close to Mayte, but I swear, Prince and I were not intimate until after he and Mayte divorced. We were together yes, but I told him I didn't want to take things any further until he and Mayte were officially over.