The Testimony Part 2

378: INT. HAYVENHURST (MICHAEL'S ROOM) DAY

FADE IN:

One month later, May 11th, 2005. Rachael and Michael are getting ready for court.

RACHAEL: Well babe, today's the day of Mac's testimony.

MICHAEL: I know I can count on Mac for support, he's been one often best friends for years.

RACHAEL: You're practically his big brother. Heck, he's like another godfather to the kids so we both trust him completely.

MICHAEL: I'm worried Sneddon is gonna.grill him worse than he did you.

RACHAEL: Hey, Mac's a tough kid, if he can take out two bad guys in Home Alone 1 and 2 he can handle a slime ball like Sneddon.

MICHAEL: (Chuckles) You ready sweetie?

RACHAEL: (Puts her coat on and grabs her purse) (takes his hand) Let's do this.

379: INT. COURTROOM DAY

DISSOLVE TO:

COURT OFFICER: (Exclaiming) Order! Order! All rise for Judge Melville!

Everyone stands as Judge Melville enters the courtroom through the side door and sits down at the podium.

JUDGE MELVILLE: Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

EVERYONE: Good morning Judge.

COURT OFFICER: Parties have been sworn in.

JUDGE MELVILLE: Everyone may be seated.

Everyone sits down.

JUDGE MELVILLE: Now I understand today we will be hearing from the Defendant's side?

THOMAS MESEREAU: (Stands up) Yes, Your Honor. We'll start off calling the first witness and a long-time friend to Mr. and Mrs. Jackson, Mr. Macaulay Culkin.

Everyone quietly talks amongst themselves.

JUDGE MELVILLE: (Banging his gavel down on his desk) Order! Order in the court please! (looks to Thomas) Very well, Councilor. Mr. Culkin may approach the witness stand.

Macaulay stands from his seat beside Rachael and makes his,way up to the witness stand as the court officer approaches the stand with a Bible in hand.

COURT OFFICER: Raise your right hand and place your left upon the Bible.

Macaulay does as he's asked.

COURT OFFICER: Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?

MACAULAY CULKIN: I do. (sits down as the court officer moves away)

TOM SNEDDON: (Stands up and walks towards the witness stand.) Mr. Culkin, how would you describe your relationship with Mr. Jackson?

MACAULAY CULKIN: I'd say we've always been close, Michael is practically a big brother to me.

TOM SNEDDON: And what do you two do together that you would say is a typical relationship between older and younger brothers?