A Birthday From Hell

515: INT. MICHAEL & RACHAEL'S HOUSE (VEGAS, KITCHEN) DAY FADE IN:

One month later, late March, 2008. Two weeks before Paris' birthday. Rachael is trying to plan a party.

RACHAEL: (Talking on the phone) Yes. Yes ma'am I understand but... Can... Can you just take this message, please? All I'm asking is that you take... Hello? (hangs up and puts her head in her hands) I can't believe this.

BILL: Something wrong?

RACHAEL: Paris' birthday is in two weeks and Michael asked me to invite some of our friends... Back in the day, we had a lot of them. I keep leaving messages, but no one's calling back... I think he just... He forgets sometimes that people don't want to have anything to do with the trial nonsense.

BILL: But he was found innocent.

RACHAEL: What's that got to do with anything? It's all about public opinion, and unfortunately the documentary and the trial have damaged his reputation. It doesn't matter how many statements he makes, or what the verdict was. The world only sees the negative and the "weirdness".

BILL: Where is he anyway?

RACHAEL: Oh, he's at the studio working on some new songs.

516: INT. RECORDING STUDIO DAY

Meanwhile, Michael is in the studio working with Lenny Kravitz.

MICHAEL: (Recording) My life has taken me beyond the planets and the stars And you're the only one that could take me this far I'll be forever searching for your love...

MICHAEL & LENNY KRAVITZ: (Continues) I walked away but I was wrongI can't make it another dayYou're the one that makes me strongI can't make it another dayYou're the fire that keeps me warmI can't make it another dayHow will I get through this storm?I can't live another day without your love(C'mon now!)(Hee-hee!)

MICHAEL: (Continues) At night (At night) I pray before I sleep in hope of finding you (Finding you)I've opened up my heart, I want you to come throughI close my eyes, I'm searching for your love...

MICHAEL & LENNY KRAVITZ: (Continues) I walked away but I was wrongI can't make it another dayYou're the one that makes me strongI can't make it another dayYou're the fire that keeps me warmI can't make it another dayHow will I get through this storm?I can't make another day without your loveI walked away but I was wrongI can't make it another dayYou're the one that makes me strongI can't make it another dayYou're the fire that keeps me warmI can't make it another dayHow will I get through this storm?I can't live another day without your love...

LENNY KRAVITZ: [guitar solo]

MICHAEL: (Continues) Hoo-hoo!Go, babe!Hoo-hoo!Hoo!Doo- dee-da-da, da-doo-deeC'mon now (Hoo-hoo-hoo!)

MICHAEL & LENNY KRAVITZ: (Continues) I walked away but I was wrongI can't make it another dayYou're the one that makes me strongI can't make it another dayYou're the fire that keeps me warmI can't make it another dayHow will I get through this storm?I can't make another day without your love(It's just too much for me) [Outro: Michael Jackson & Lenny Kravitz]I walked away but I was wrong (It's just too much for me)I can't make it another day (It's too much for me)You're the one that makes me strong (It's just too much for me)I can't make it another day (Hoo- hoo!) (I can't make it, baby)You're the fire that keeps me warm (I can't make it, baby)I can't make it another day (It's just too much for me)How will I get through this storm? (It's just too much for me)I can't make another day without your love(Hoo-hoo!) (Yeah!)I walked away but I was wrongI can't make it another dayYou're the one that makes me strongI can't make it another day.