The Sleepover

8: INT. MAYTE'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) NIGHT FADE IN:

The next night, the kids spend the night at Mayte's.

MAYTE: Hey guys!

PRINCE JR.: Hi aunt Mayte.

RACHAEL: Ok so I'll pick them up around noon tomorrow, if you need anything you have my number. (hugs her then hugs the kids) Bye guys! Be good! (leaves)

MAYTE: So, I've got you guys til tomorrow. What do you wanna do? You wanna watch a movie?

PRINCE JR.: Can we watch Purple Rain?

MAYTE: Sweetie, you guys are a little young for that movie. There're some really grown up things in that movie that I don't think your Mom would want you to see.

PRINCE JR.: Can we watch Graffiti Bridge then?

MAYTE: (thinks to herself) I guess so, there's nothing too bad in that one. (puts it on) I have Under The Cherry Moon too if you wanna watch that one after.

PRINCE JR.: No way, that movie sucks.

MAYTE: (laughs) Hey! Language!

PRINCE JR.: Sorry... But it kinda does.

MAYTE: I know it's a little silly, but I think it's a great movie. Anyway, are you guys hungry? What do you say we order a pizza?

PRINCE JR.: Can we have popcorn instead?

MAYTE: I'll tell you what, we can have popcorn while we wait for the pizza to come. Now, what kind do you want?

PRINCE JR.: Meat lovers.

PARIS: I don't like meat lovers!

MAYTE: That's okay, we'll get one medium meat lovers and one small cheese for you.

PRINCE JR.: Can we get stuffed crust?

MAYTE: Sure! (dials the number for the pizza place)

9: INT. RESTAURANT NIGHT CUT TO:

Meanwhile, Michael and Rachael are having date night.

MICHAEL: Cheers! (taps his glass against hers)

RACHAEL: (chuckles)

MICHAEL: We haven't had a night this in so long.

RACHAEL: I know, it's great.

MICHAEL: Are you okay? You seem a little quiet tonight.

RACHAEL: Yeah, I'm fine.

MICHAEL: Are you thinking about Blanket? Because you know my mother's taking care of him.

RACHAEL: No, it's not that, it's just... Mayte asked me to do her a favor yesterday, and I don't know how I'm gonna do it.

MICHAEL: What is it?

RACHAEL: Prince has Amiir's urn, and she wants me to try and ask him for it.

MICHAEL: And let me guess, Prince doesn't know you still talk to Mayte?

RACHAEL: Uh-huh... He practically left her with nothing, just that house in Spain. Hardly any money.

MICHAEL: That's really cruel. Do you want me to come with you?

RACHAEL: No... I think it would be better if I did it on my own. Might be a little less awkward.

MICHAEL: (nods) Ok.

RACHAEL: And I'm not going over there til next week anyway.

MICHAEL: Ok... But do you really wanna go back to recording now? I thought you might want to take the rest of the year off to be at home with us.

RACHAEL: I'm only starting the album this week. Chances are it won't be released until next year.

MICHAEL: Ok.

10: INT. MAYTE'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) NIGHT CUT TO:

Meanwhile, back at Mayte's...

MAYTE: (hears the doorbell ring) Pizza's here. (gets up and pays the delivery guy before coming back in with the pizza) Ok guys, dinner is served.

PRINCE JR.: Awesome! (they all start eating and continue to watch the movie)

PARIS: Aunt Mimi? Why did you put candy in the popcorn?

MAYTE: (laughs) Honey, those are Goobers. Uncle Prince used to eat them with popcorn all the time. They're just chocolate covered peanuts.

PARIS: Oh.

PRINCE JR.: Do you miss him?

MAYTE: (smiles softly) Yeah.

11: INT. MAYTE'S HOUSE (GUESTROOM) NIGHT DISSOLVE TO:

Later that night...

MAYTE: Ok guys, bedtime. If you need me I'm right down the hall. Do you guys need anything? A glass of water? Warm milk?

PRINCE JR.: Water please.

PARIS: Me too.

MAYTE: Coming right up! (walks out and comes back in with two glasses of water) Here you go guys.

PARIS: Thank you.

MAYTE: You're welcome, goodnight guys.

PRINCE JR.: Aunt Mayte?

MAYTE: Yes honey?

PRINCE JR.: ...Why did you and uncle Prince get a divorce?

MAYTE: (presses her lips together) Sweetie, it's complicated... Sometimes people just grow apart.

PRINCE JR.: That's sad... I thought you'd always be together.

MAYTE: Me too sweetie. (kisses his forehead) Goodnight, go to sleep. (turns off the light)

Hope you guys liked this chapter, next one will be up tomorrow. Thanks for reading!!